XMG C404 vs SHENKER S413 what's better for hackintosh?

Fdl88

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I will buy soon (September I think) an ultrabook that I would use with Windows 7 and OSX when I need it (I presume by bootcamp). I don't know why I can't undestand the OSx86 wiki, so before to spend over a thousand € I would ask to you if this two awesome ultrabooks are compatible with OSX and what of this two would be better.
Thanks for the answere and sorry for my poor English ( unfortunately I'm Italian :P).

P.S. The MXG C404 il also called Gigabyte p34g v2 (if this information can be useful... :P)

In most cases the discrete graphic card won't work on laptops, unless you can enable it as primary video card in bios settings(it never happens, don't hesitate :D).

Excluding that part, everything should work in both. Make sure not to order an Intel WiFi chipset, as it probably won't work either. If I was you I'd buy a supported wifi chipset and mount it in a second moment.

-- ITALIAN --

Riassumendo, OSX ha problemi con la doppia scheda grafica, quindi non sarai in grado di usare l'Nvidia dell'XMG. A parte questo le configurazioni dovrebbero essere compatibili per entrambi.

Attento a non prendere la WiFi di Intel perché molto probabilmente non sarà supportata. Ti conviene ordinarlo senza WiFi e comprare a parte un modello con chipset compatibile.

No problem quello lo immaginavo anche perché non esiste un Mac con la 860m quindi non dovrebbero esistere neanche i driver. Comunque su osx non mi interessa la scheda video potente, mi chiedo solo.se ci sia compatibilità con la intel 4600 integrata. La mia prima scelta sarebbe per ovvi motivi quella del XMG c404 (che sarebbe il gigabyte p34g v2) però se dopo aver speso 1600€ poi non dovesse essere compatibile praticamente potrei sbattermi la testa al muro :P

ENGLISH

No problem, I figured that because there is not a Mac running the 860m then there should not be even the drivers. However, I do not care about osx powerful video card, I'm just wondering if there is compatibility with the integrated intel 4600. My first choice would be, for obvious reasons, the XMG C404 (which would be the Gigabyte p34g v2), however, if after spending € 1,600 then I might not be compatible i will slam my head against the wall :P

It should be an Intel HD Iris 5200(link to the specs), so it's fully supported OOB(I managed to get the Intel HD 4400 in full QE/CI even if it wasn't supported, so I'm not afraid anymore :D ) ;)

In extremis you may need to extract the DSTD using a Ubuntu live distro to get a working battery management(and visualize the right percentage). You'll need for sure to patch or install some kexts to get keyboard, touchpad and sound to work, but in the end if you have the right wifi chipset and a supported video card you are half the way to the success.

The matter with the Nvidia(or ATI) descrete graphics is mostly that there's no mac(as a laptop) with dual graphic card. It's not the model itself, but the fact that it's a secondary video card.

---

Dovrebbe essere una Intel HD Iris 5200, quindi pienamente supportata senza alcuna fatica. (Sono riuscito a far andare la HD 4400 in QE/CI anche se non era supportata, quindi non mi spaventa più nulla :D) ;)

In extremis potresti aver bisogno di estrarre il DSTD usando una live di Ubuntu per gestire bene la batteria e soprattutto visualizzarne la percentuale rimanente. Avrai sicuramente bisogno di impazzire un po' dietro a tastiera, touchpad e scheda audiom, ma comunque se hai scheda grafica e wifi supportate sei già a metà dell'opera!

Il problema con la scheda grafica Nvidia(o ATI) è che non esiste un mac(inteso come portatile) con doppia scheda grafica. Non è quindi un problema del modello in sé, ma del fatto che sia una scheda grafica secondaria.

No la vga integrata è una intel 4600 :(

Insomma si può fare ma c'è da starci dietro un bel po'

P.S. Che scheda di rete dovrei comprare?

ENGLISH

No, the integrated vga intel 4600 :(

So it can be done but i have to keep up a lot '

P.S. What network card should I buy?

List of hackintosh supported wifi(with or w/o bluetooth add-on) ;)

I'm going for the Atheros AR5B197 (Priced at about 20$ inc. delivery on ebay) that has bluetooth also. It needs to be forced with Fake id in Clover, but it's the best deal to get bluetooth on a machine like this one.

I never tried with a HD 4600, but it should work with clover injection too. By the way here there's a guide to get it to work using chameleon.

---

Io sto prendendo la Atheros AR5B197(una cosa tipo 15€ su ebay) che ha anche il bluetooth. C'è da lavorarci un po' forzando un fake id con Clover, ma è l'unico modo per avere anche il bluetooth su macchine come questa.

Non ho ancora provato con la HD 4600, ma dovrebbe funzionare anche lei con l'injection da Clover. Comunque sia a quel link trovi una guida su come farla andare anche con chameleon, ergo nessun problema.

Yep, you're right. It appears that no XMG comes with italian keyboard...only UK, DE, US or Swedish. German keyboard is not so different from ours, and by the way you can always set le keyboard layout to italian. It's just aesthetic.

• 4 weeks later...

Scusa, ero in Inghilterra e non potevo collegarmi :/

Non ho prove che lo confermino perché non l'ho fatto in prima persona e non ho ritrovato il post, ma ricordo di aver letto di persone che avevano incontrato problemi tentando configurazioni RAID 0. Ad ogni modo prova e fammi sapere, male che vada li userai come due dischi separati ;)