2,188 posts in this topic

I created a plugins folder under Contents,  then added the kexts I loaded the pkg file to an USB drive, then moved the FakeSMC.kext and the plugin files i needed to the relevant EFI kext directories in Clover. This was to avoid the installer writing to S/L/E.

See here what I mean - it appears to work very well.

http://d.pr/i/ISFA

Thanks, this is what I wanted to do.

Thanks  Slice, working with iStat Menus 5 on 10.10 public beta, all sensor of my motherboard ,  GPU does not show thats iStat menus 5 issue , with HWMonitor GPU and all mobo sensor give temps. FakeSMC.kext was going to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on my HD,  move it to HD EFI partition EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to make it work. i don't know how to attach a image.

Thank you Slice 

@iAstroboyid,

I have an older version of iStat Menus (4.1) which shows incorrect frequencies with Slice's HWSensors/FakeSMC but OK with Kozlek's (but Kozlek's doesn't have motherboard sensors for my laptop).  Haven't upgraded iStat since reports of it crashing in 10.9.1 & 10.8.5.

post-846696-0-08234500-1406553121_thumb.

but frequencies are correctly shown with the included NWMonitor in Slice's package ...

post-846696-0-30836400-1406552947_thumb.

Does iStat Menus v5 show frequencies correctly for you with Slice's FakeSMC?  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi! Very much a Hackintosh beginner here, so I probably did some obvious mistake..

Anyway, I'm running 10.10 on a Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H with ATI graphics. I installed with CPU type = Intel, LPC = ITE87xx, GPU = ATI/AMD, and ofc the FakeSMC kext. Made sure to rebuild caches, repair permissions and such. The computer boots fine, but I have no sensor values at all. I have tried with iStat Menus, HWMonitorSMC and K-Stat-i, same thing in all of them (no sensor value at all). HWMonitorSMC says "No sensors found or FakeSMCDevice unavailable". I have done no other dsdt / ssdt patching, just some minor things in config.plist to ger graphics running and such.

Any suggestions where to go from here? I have no clue what the problem might be.

does this branch support fan control like kozlek's?

No.

There was Navi's utility to fan control but the work was not finished.

For me there is no sense to control fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I created an installer for my version of FakeSMC with plugins and applications latest revision.

Compatibility from 10.6 up to 10.10.

Test, please.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-07-28 at 13.04.43.png

Download here: HWSensors.pkg.zip

Thank you Slice. It works great for me on Mavericks 10.9.5 with my Core i7 Nehalem laptop.

This is a much needed upgrade for me. I was still using your old FakeSMC v4 rev 725, but it never let me down.

Unfortunately, my Asus laptop ITE chip is unsupported. I got the ITE8502E according to my laptop schematics.

I was previously using ACPISensors. Is there a difference with your current ACPIMonitor?

For some reason, in the latest HW Monitor and IStat Menus v5.0.2, the CPU multiplier is in the x17000-33000 range. The Kozlek branch shows the correct cpu multiplier values. It apparently has something to do with your branch.

Real MAC is not generated and check Frequency/CPUMuliplier. It is for our choice how to code this. Some day kozlek decided to change definition 1000 times in both kext and in monitor. If you want correct value you should use kext and monitor from the same package my or kozlek. And same version.

• Like 1

Slice do your fakesmc supports 771 xeons? I got x5472 same as real Mac pro 3,1 and I need tscsync package to enable 4 cores. Kozlek's hw monitor worked in Mavericks but in Yosemite fan speed is missing.

What about your question? tscsync? monitor? fakesmc? IntelCPUmonitor? fan speed?

My IntelCPUmonitor supports xeons. This is the direct answer to your question.

Hello slice

Question: HWSensors you can use destination kext EFI/Clover/kext/10.10

or no, the EFI folder hidden

Thanks

Fabio

mkdir /Volumes/TEFI
mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/TEFI

This is very old cult of Vanilla System: "I want to not place anything into SLE to keep the system as vanilla as possible".
I think this is very wrong idea comes from restricted bootloaders.
When you install drivers into Windows it becames hacked windows? 
When you install VBox or Intel Power Gadget you broke vanillaness?
Why do you want to boot without kernelcache? I shall remind that kernelcache contains all drivers from SLE but not from Extra.
Do you know about kexts dependencies and order of booting?

My claim: do not use extra folders to load kexts except installation process when you need only FakeSMC.kext separately. Install other into SLE after full installation complete.
  • Like 3

mkdir /Volumes/TEFI
mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/TEFI

This is very old cult of Vanilla System: "I want to not place anything into SLE to keep the system as vanilla as possible".
I think this is very wrong idea comes from restricted bootloaders.
When you install drivers into Windows it becames hacked windows? 
When you install VBox or Intel Power Gadget you broke vanillaness?
Why do you want to boot without kernelcache? I shall remind that kernelcache contains all drivers from SLE but not from Extra.
Do you know about kexts dependencies and order of booting?

My claim: do not use extra folders to load kexts except installation process when you need only FakeSMC.kext separately. Install other into SLE after full installation complete.

maybe I explained evil 
I meant that from your .pkg HWSensors could give the destination EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10 

SLE vanilla 
kext installed in EFI / Clover / kext / 10.10 / FakeSMC and other

Thanks

Fabio
  • Like 2

maybe I explained evil 

I meant that from your .pkg HWSensors could give the destination EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10

I don't want this.

SLE vanilla 

kext installed in EFI / Clover / kext / 10.10 / FakeSMC and other

Thanks

Fabio

I explained why I hate "vanilla".

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Slice, works fine. Tested on my Laptop running 10.9.4

P.D.

For MacBookPro6,1-6,2 (Arrandale CPU) "RPlt"="k74"="6B373400 00000000" can be added to FakeSMC "Info.plist" as:

<key>RPlt</key>
<array>
<string>ch8*</string>
<data>azc0AAAAAAA=</data>
</array>

Also, the most recent from Apple MBP6,1-6,2 "REV"="1.58f17"="01580F00 0017" as:

<key>REV </key>
<array>
<string>{rev</string>
<data>AVgPAAAX</data>
</array>

Another data is:
<key>smc-compatible</key>
<string>smc-piketon</string>

Additionally, to avoid some startup (console log) error related to SMC key, we can add the "lightshow-version"="LsbV"="1.4a6"="01040A00 06" as:

<key>LsbV</key>
<array>
<string>{rev</string>
<data>AQQKAAY=</data>
</array>

Hi,

Do you have more keys for MBP6,1? I need a original dump.

Thx.