2,188 posts in this topic

was searching for this. maybe it would be good to put this in a readme.text in the SuperIO folder...

There is readme.txt in latest download of HWSensors3 in my signature.

I am not responsible for any other versions.

Posts about Winbond/Nuvoton SuperIO chip splitted into separate thread

Winbond/Nuvoton monitor

Don't know why, but whenever I try to use the fake smc that installs with the hwsensors I get a kp.

I use another fakesmc and it's fine, although I don't get information on my vega.

So firstly, how do I tell what fakesmc I am using and is anyone else having trouble with an i9 7900?

I'm not running any fakeCPUID or kext or kernel patches.

I just tried the newest hwsensors from yesterdays release.

I put them in kexts others (including the fakesmc).

Slice how can I identify my SuperIO Chip ! 

"SuperIO chip monitoring including Fintek, ITE, Winbond, Nuvoton and SMC LPC chips." 

M using ur HWSensors n its awesome :)

It's a pity laptops has no such chips. SuperIOChip presents only in desktops.

Don't know why, but whenever I try to use the fake smc that installs with the hwsensors I get a kp.

I use another fakesmc and it's fine, although I don't get information on my vega.

So firstly, how do I tell what fakesmc I am using and is anyone else having trouble with an i9 7900?

I'm not running any fakeCPUID or kext or kernel patches.

I just tried the newest hwsensors from yesterdays release.

I put them in kexts others (including the fakesmc).

If you make some reports with digits then we may find what about to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried High Sierra 10.13.2 with GT 1030 and HWSensors3 rev43

Installing NVClock produces kernel panic

Installing GeforceSensor doesn't but I don't get any mention of GPU sensor.

Am I missing something?

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-12-24 в 22.59.27.png

This revision is too old. Take new one.

For the next screenshot, try: Apple + Shift + 4, move the mouse over the window and press Space. ;)

Thanks, I keep forgetting about that one.

This revision is too old. Take new one.

Hmm, didn't expect download button not getting last build on sourceforge.

Found r75, tried it, but not much difference (it added CPU Fan, but that's it)

Anyway I just wanted to see if my GT 1030 gets too hot, if I stop fan and maybe even remove radiator (trying to stick it into Mini ITX case to get 1440p HiDPI)

But based on Launchpad 1 FPS I can already tell that even stopping Fan was a bad idea, so I guess case is closed, at least at this point.

post-971287-0-06422500-1514277742_thumb.png

If you can compile by yourself then change is here

https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/code3/HEAD/tree/trunk/plugins/GPUSensors/GeforceSensors/gp100.cpp

line 60

case 0x137:
      device->cname = "GP107";
      break;

add case 0x138

I'll hold, I already know it won't run without fan :)

Currently I'm focused on getting hibernate working, about to send you a related question on another forum

@Slice (and all) sorry but only during this vacation I've found the time. Attached a version of the HWMonitorSMC.app that did not show battery info if no battery is detected. Before doing anything on the repo please test it.

P.S. also I modified a bit the memory management by just switching to use ARC's keywords to transfer memory ownership of CF objects.

HWMonitorSMC.app_no_show_Bat.zip

• Like 1

@Slice (and all) sorry but only during this vacation I've found the time. Attached a version of the HWMonitorSMC.app that did not show battery info if no battery is detected. Before doing anything on the repo please test it.

P.S. also I modified a bit the memory management by just switching to use ARC's keywords to transfer memory ownership of CF objects.

It looks like

Снимок экрана 2017-12-27 в 19.51.36.png

@DMMA

Take, please, the version for test

attachicon.gifGeforceSensor.kext.zip

@vector sigma

Thanks, and I wait you committed the changes.

Done, sf is a pain... often you cannot connect to it..

Look at "IOBatteryStatus.m" in getBatteryAmperageFrom and getBatteryVoltageFrom:

if ([IOPMPowerSource objectForKey:@kIOPMPSBatteryInstalledKey] != nil &&
        [[IOPMPowerSource objectForKey:@kIOPMPSBatteryInstalledKey] boolValue]) {

to return zero, looks like your driver publish that "kIOPMPSBatteryInstalledKey" = true

even if a battery is not present, otherwise should return "BAT0_NOT_FOUND" (i.e. -1). Is that possible?

Anyway retry with new changes, and me I'm going to try with VoodooBattery to see if that happen.

EDIT

ok, Clearly does not return zero, is just empty in your picture. Need to figure out why here does not do the same.

@Slice, the bug is that VoodooBatterSMC.kext says there is a battery even if does not exist:

BatteryPowerSource[battery]->setBatteryInstalled(true);

this should be conditional, but can we also assume no one will install VoodooBatterySMC.kext on a Desktop pc Lol. Try w/o it.

On a laptop without battery is another story, we need to check if the battery exist for true. Searching for a workaround...

EDIT

Fixed, check r84

EDIT 2

app r84 attached.

EDIT 3
@Slice you should increase the app version... I've found the short version is 1.3.2 while the bundle version is 732 :surprised:

HWMonitorSMC.app_r84.zip

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

Thank you, that got it running.

But it only works with provided FakeSMC, which brings number of other issues, particularly

• Macs Fan Control can't see CPU temp
  • iStat Cpu Package Multiplier goes crazy

attachicon.gifMacs Fan Control - before.pngattachicon.gifMacs Fan Control - after.png

attachicon.gifiStat - before.pngattachicon.gifiStat - after.png

It is your choice what to use.

@Slice, the bug is that VoodooBatterSMC.kext says there is a battery even if does not exist:

BatteryPowerSource[battery]->setBatteryInstalled(true);

this should be conditional, but can we also assume no one will install VoodooBatterySMC.kext on a Desktop pc Lol. Try w/o it.

On a laptop without battery is another story, we need to check if the battery exist for true. Searching for a workaround...

EDIT

Fixed, check r84

EDIT 2

app r84 attached.

EDIT 3

@Slice you should increase the app version... I've found the short version is 1.3.2 while the bundle version is 732 :surprised:

You forgot to send temperature_small_dark.png. I did this.

And it looks better

Снимок экрана 2017-12-28 в 20.33.04.png

bad copy/paste from a temporary project inside my Desktop, anyway was white like your. Yeah, so in dark mode is even better:

post-2078499-0-04553900-1514488997.pngpost-2078499-0-40364800-1514489006_thumb.png

I think is possible to remove also this:

post-2078499-0-99653900-1514485800.png

if no other batteries of any kind are found. 

For tens of CPU do you like to regroup them into a sub menu like the following?

CPU 0

CPU 1

CPU 2

CPU 3

Other CPU ➪

CPU 4

CPU 5

CPU 6

CPU 7

etc..