2,188 posts in this topic

I tried it but it broke my sound (VoodooHDA) and internet (AtherosL1c) -they are injected by Clover-  and HWsensors showed less info.

I had to remove the installed kexts and copy my old (current) FakeSMC and everything fine again.

Don't know if I did something wrong here, selected Intel CPU, FakeSMC, LPC ITE87xx snd GPU Type AMD Radeon.

I tried it but it broke my sound (VoodooHDA) and internet (AtherosL1c) -they are injected by Clover-  and HWsensors showed less info.

I had to remove the installed kexts and copy my old (current) FakeSMC and everything fine again.

Don't know if I did something wrong here, selected Intel CPU, FakeSMC, LPC ITE87xx snd GPU Type AMD Radeon.

Try without LPC

i would also like to know that does this bring versus the HWSensors from kozlek. Also, what does ACPI access and LPC chip do ?

Thank you Slice, works fine. Tested on my Laptop running 10.9.4

P.D.

For MacBookPro6,1-6,2 (Arrandale CPU) "RPlt"="k74"="6B373400 00000000" can be added to FakeSMC "Info.plist" as:

RPlt
ch8*
azc0AAAAAAA=

Also, the most recent from Apple MBP6,1-6,2 "REV"="1.58f17"="01580F00 0017" as:

REV
{rev
AVgPAAAX

Another data is:
smc-compatible
smc-piketon

Additionally, to avoid some startup (console log) error related to SMC key, we can add the "lightshow-version"="LsbV"="1.4a6"="01040A00 06" as:

LsbV
{rev
AQQKAAY=
  • Like 3

i would also like to know that does this bring versus the HWSensors from kozlek. Also, what does ACPI access and LPC chip do ?

Kozlek decided to make quite different version so I stay with this good working version improving it.

ACPI access is for those people who know how to edit DSDT to get access to hardware parameters. It may be useful if you have no other access.

LPC chips: Winbond, ITE, Fintek etc present on desktop motherboards but absent on notebooks.

No plugins inside FakeSMC.kext ! Is this normal ?

It is normal for this branch because plugins used differently from FakeSMC.

• Like 2

Sergey ...i have try first with old nvclock ...and work ...

After i have try with new ....strange my pc dont work ...now reinstall again osx ...mhmm

Yea, GeforceSensors looks buggy. NVClockX is preferable.

So can the sensors kexts be used inside a plugins folder in fakesmc or do the have to be installed normally?

I created a plugins folder under Contents,  then added the kexts I loaded the pkg file to an USB drive, then moved the FakeSMC.kext and the plugin files i needed to the relevant EFI kext directories in Clover. This was to avoid the installer writing to S/L/E.

See here what I mean - it appears to work very well.

http://d.pr/i/ISFA

• Like 2

Kozlek decided to make quite different version so I stay with this good working version improving it.

ACPI access is for those people who know how to edit DSDT to get access to hardware parameters. It may be useful if you have no other access.

LPC chips: Winbond, ITE, Fintek etc present on desktop motherboards but absent on notebooks.

It is normal for this branch because plugins used differently from FakeSMC.

Thank you sir for clarification. I will try this when i get home :)

I installed the pgk and after that OS X 10.9.4 didnt boot (seems Fakesmc cant get loaded : waiting dsmos for ever.

Found that all installed .kext got wrong permissions!! After chown -R root:wheel .... for each .kext the problem was gone.

• Like 2

I installed the pgk and after that OS X 10.9.4 didnt boot (seems Fakesmc cant get loaded : waiting dsmos for ever.

Found that all installed .kext got wrong permissions!! After chown -R root:wheel .... for each .kext the problem was gone.

Thank you for the note. I was supposed that the installer will keep permissions set in.

I set root:wheel but now I see they changed back somehow... 

Sorry!

Have no time to verify new one. Looks to be corrected

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 14.47.14.png

HWSensors.pkg.zip

• Like 1