2,188 posts in this topic

can you give me a hint how to get my prelinkedkernel back? Ive used the 10.10.4 yosemite installation package to extract the kernel, renamed it to prelinkedkernel but the failure i'get at startup is now different from that in my last post.

can you give me a hint how to get my prelinkedkernel back? Ive used the 10.10.4 yosemite installation package to extract the kernel, renamed it to prelinkedkernel but the failure i'get at startup is now different from that in my last post.

System will create new prelinked kernel immediately after you delete old one.

SKYNET:~ skynet$ cd /System/Library/Extensions 
SKYNET:Extensions skynet$ sudo chown -R root:wheel W836x.kext
SKYNET:Extensions skynet$ sudo kextutil -v W836x.kext
Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Diagnostics for W836x.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
W836x.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "W836x.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/W836x.kext"
Loading W836x.kext.
W836x.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).
SKYNET:Extensions skynet$ 

No messages. May be the kext is already loaded? Delete it from SLE, delete kernelcache, reboot and try again.

After January 11 I may create for you a debug version of this kext.

System will create new prelinked kernel immediately after you delete old one..

nope sorry, not in my case. As I have deleted the prelinked kernel not within yosemite, instead from my 10.9.5 installation, yosemite is not able to recreate my kernel. 

this is the screenshot I get without my prelinked kernel:

post-465461-0-05189600-1452270589_thumb.jpg

and this is the screenshot with my kernel from 10.10.4 installation app:

post-465461-0-57159400-1452270645_thumb.jpg

I think I have more then 2 problems:

1. wrong or missing prelinked kernel 

2. wrong kext cache which is the case because i've used two different sets of hwsensor packages

• first i've tried your branch hwsensors.6.16.1372 with all the checkmarks activated (hwmonitor, fakesmc, acpi-, cup-, gup-, lpcsensors), but instead of rebooting I've installed in addition the 
  • second branch hwsensor3-rev21.pkg with cpu type intel, lpc, gpu (old nvclock and new geforce), acpi access and silent applesmc, which gave me a installation error - and after that I've deinstalled the hwinfo.kext and rebooted with the described errors on my first post on top of this page.

question to this second branch: as i used the intel cpu drivers for monitoring cpu states, did I messed up my cpu informations within S/L/Caches/com.apple.CVMS/ where there are a lot of penclcpu.i386 and .x86_64 maps and data files. See the next picture for a screenshot of this folder:

post-465461-0-11701400-1452270711_thumb.jpg

I need a routine to fix my prelinked kernel (reinstall clover from within booted 10.9.5. to my yosemite ssd???), and delete all the different fakesmc changes and my kext cache from 10.9.5 for yosemite, as my fakesmc in my efi partition worked to some extend.

Is it faster to reinstall the whole yosemite installation, or can you help me within a appropiate amount of time?

System will create new prelinked kernel immediately after you delete old one.

No messages. May be the kext is already loaded? Delete it from SLE, delete kernelcache, reboot and try again.

After January 11 I may create for you a debug version of this kext.

Well, nothing changed. I think i will wait for debug version of kext. So we can find out what the problem is. Thank you for your attention and quick response. 

nope sorry, not in my case. As I have deleted the prelinked kernel not within yosemite, instead from my 10.9.5 installation, yosemite is not able to recreate my kernel. 

this is the screenshot I get without my prelinked kernel:

attachicon.gifwithout prelinked kernel.jpg

and this is the screenshot with my kernel from 10.10.4 installation app:

attachicon.gifwith kernel 10.10.4 and without kernelcache.jpg

I think I have more then 2 problems:

1. wrong or missing prelinked kernel 

2. wrong kext cache which is the case because i've used two different sets of hwsensor packages

• first i've tried your branch hwsensors.6.16.1372 with all the checkmarks activated (hwmonitor, fakesmc, acpi-, cup-, gup-, lpcsensors), but instead of rebooting I've installed in addition the 
  • second branch hwsensor3-rev21.pkg with cpu type intel, lpc, gpu (old nvclock and new geforce), acpi access and silent applesmc, which gave me a installation error - and after that I've deinstalled the hwinfo.kext and rebooted with the described errors on my first post on top of this page.

question to this second branch: as i used the intel cpu drivers for monitoring cpu states, did I messed up my cpu informations within S/L/Caches/com.apple.CVMS/ where there are a lot of penclcpu.i386 and .x86_64 maps and data files. See the next picture for a screenshot of this folder:

attachicon.gif2016-01-08 17.24.05.jpg

I need a routine to fix my prelinked kernel (reinstall clover from within booted 10.9.5. to my yosemite ssd???), and delete all the different fakesmc changes and my kext cache from 10.9.5 for yosemite, as my fakesmc in my efi partition worked to some extend.

Is it faster to reinstall the whole yosemite installation, or can you help me within a appropiate amount of time?

It is not about prelinked kernel.

Your crash caused my wrong DSDT. It is the first problem.

Exclude NVClockX.kext. This is the second problem.

Hi Slice, ok thanks mate! I'm back on track, I've managed to boot from my usb installer (exact same clover configuration as on my ssd) into my yosemite, deleted fakesmc from s/l/e, deleted kextcache and rebuild it with kextwizard. Now I can boot again.

Now we can discuss about my hardware configuration and what I need to install to get my system information. Should I use your branch or the rev21 from the other topic? I would prefer to see what I'm doing by extrating your installer and chossing the kexts by myself and put them into s/l/e or clover/kexts/10.10/

Someone else with a similar configuration posted a while ago to use the rev21 branch with fakesmc, gefroesensor, hwinfo and intelcpumonitor.kext

would you recommend the same?

and thanks again for your awsome support!!!

Hi Slice, ok thanks mate! I'm back on track, I've managed to boot from my usb installer (exact same clover configuration as on my ssd) into my yosemite, deleted fakesmc from s/l/e, deleted kextcache and rebuild it with kextwizard. Now I can boot again.

Now we can discuss about my hardware configuration and what I need to install to get my system information. Should I use your branch or the rev21 from the other topic? I would prefer to see what I'm doing by extrating your installer and chossing the kexts by myself and put them into s/l/e or clover/kexts/10.10/

Someone else with a similar configuration posted a while ago to use the rev21 branch with fakesmc, gefroesensor, hwinfo and intelcpumonitor.kext

would you recommend the same?

and thanks again for your awsome support!!!

He forgot to make a choice:

- Intel or AMD processor

- nVidia or ATI card

- ITE, Winbond or Fintek LPC chip

As well you may use ACPI monitoring if you want.

About download link see my signature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Slice,

I have an old Laptop Dell D830.  Do you have the IO chip sensor for this one?

1/27/16 12:38:46.000 AM kernel[0]: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x3201, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

I see you have ITEIT87x chip but that one does not work on D830 Laptop Core2Duo.  I thought the sensor was the same as on the Dell XPS M1530 which has the PC8739x chip.

Thanks

Hello Slice,

I have an old Laptop Dell D830.  Do you have the IO chip sensor for this one?

1/27/16 12:38:46.000 AM kernel[0]: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x3201, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

I see you have ITEIT87x chip but that one does not work on D830 Laptop Core2Duo.  I thought the sensor was the same as on the Dell XPS M1530 which has the PC8739x chip.

Thanks

Sorry, no.

A laptop never has LPC chip like a desktop. No ITE, no Winbond, no Fintek etc.

You may take access to hardware parameters through ACPImonitor or there is a special thing for Dell laptops:      Drivers for fan control on Dell Laptops    

• Like 1

Thank you very much Slice! Works nice!

SpeedFan log from Windows:

Win9x:NO  64Bit:YES  GiveIO:NO  SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked ATI SBx00 SMBUS at $0B00
Linked ISA BUS at $0CCB
SB7xx/8xx PM2 found on ISA at $CCB
Found nVidia GeForce GT 610
Linked nVidiaI2C0 SMBUS at $3D403E3F
Linked nVidiaI2C1 SMBUS at $3D403637
Linked nVidiaI2C2 SMBUS at $3D405051
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
IT8712F(J) found on ISA at $290
Scanning AtiIgp SMBus at $0B00...
Scanning ISA BUS at $0CCB...
Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D403E3F...
Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D403637...
Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D405051...
Found Hitachi HTS543232A7A384 on AdvSMART
Found WDC WD5000AAKX-083CA1 on AdvSMART
ATK0110 (MB=M5A78L-M-LX3) found on ACPI
End of detection

Kexts I've used:

AmdCPUMonitor.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GeforceSensor.kext
HWInfo.kext
(if I'm not wrong, it used with Clover bootloader and it was installed automatically on my system since I'm using Clover)
ITEIT87x.kext

Only one thing is that CPU VRM Voltage and DIMM it must be VCore voltages (look screenshot)? I thought DIMM voltage is the voltage of memory. Or I don't understand something? Anyway I think it's not so important. And according to the screenshot it looks like CPU Proximity sensor shows CPU core temperature, this is nice.))) Oh and of course fan sensor works too.)))  Thank you again!

p.s. used with Asus M5A78L-M LX3 motherboard

post-1484325-0-89663400-1454582565_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

sergey, a curiosity, when you launch smc monitor, to get down to 800 mghz, takes a long time the refresh rate is not fast, clear what I mean ??

Here i am in idle 

I am clear but for me it works as should be. It refreshes frequency every 1 seconds. Is it too long?