2,188 posts in this topic

Good! Your changes accepted.

Thanks.

See Battery section is empty. 

can we make it invisible if no batteries found?

Two three ways:

1. by mac model (smbios system-type). For the empty battery ("-") will display again if the driver cannot read values, or ACPI isnt good. Need investigation for possible values other than 2.
  2. take a look for IOPMPowerSource if is nil (NULL) 
  3. make a preferences menù with checkboxes.

which do you prefer?

And do you want to be a developer of the project? I can give you commit access to sf.net just tell me your nickname there.

I cannot be omni present due to my life (job, my Son ..etc), but some time I can play with those things, If you have no rush doing so, I'll be happy.  Usually I use github, so I have to create an account (i'll ask my Son for a new nickname...maybe another Transformer's character Lol).

1. No. Because we was going to show Bluetooth devices batteries so it should work on desktop.

2. Not sure for the same reason.

3. Better do it automatically: if nothing to show.

Create nickname and you may visit sf as often as you wish.

1. No. Because we was going to show Bluetooth devices batteries so it should work on desktop.

2. Not sure for the same reason.

e.g Device (BAT0) is for Bluetooth devices as well? I guess no!? I mean we know what type.. Ok automatic (= something to show if not null)

Slice, if you want I've got Titan Xp Pascal version, I can test and report whatever you need.

AFAIK latest GeforceSensors crashes on Pascal? Did you check?

e.g Device (BAT0) is for Bluetooth devices as well? I guess no!? I mean we know what type.. Ok automatic (= something to show if not null)

See IOBatteryStatus.m

+(BOOL) keyboardAvailable
{
    io_service_t service = IOServiceGetMatchingService(0, IOServiceNameMatching("AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard"));

It was created by Navi and I don't know how it was proposed to work.

this way:

+(NSString *) getKeyboardName
{
  io_service_t service = IOServiceGetMatchingService(0, IOServiceNameMatching("AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard"));
  NSString * value = nil;

if (!service ) {
		return nil;
  }
//  CFStringRef idc = IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperty(service, CFSTR("Product"), kCFAllocatorDefault, 0);
     value = (__bridge_transfer  NSString *)IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperty(service, CFSTR("Product"), kCFAllocatorDefault, 0);
//  value = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@", (NSString*)idc];
 // if(idc) CFRelease(idc);

IOObjectRelease(service);
  return value;

}

search for "Product" to give it a name, then is added as BatterySensorsGroup to an array. Later in getKeyboardBatteryLevel() it search for BatteryPercent under AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard. So should show only a percentage.

I don't know if this is correct in 2017 since it should be under "IOAppleBluetoothHIDDriver", I think.

ioreg -c AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard | grep Battery
    | |   |     | | |   |   "BatteryPanic" = Yes
    | |   |     | | |   |   "BatteryLow" = Yes
    | |   |     | | |   |   "BatteryLowNotificationType" = "LowBattery"
    | |   |     | | |   |   "BatteryDangerouslyLowNotificationType" = "CriticallyLowBattery"
    | |   |     | | |   |   "BatteryPercent" = 12
    | |   |     | | |   |   "Battery" = <"WVXQ0x9f9UT

:D

• Like 1

Did not tryed yet to run the program on my iMac, just used the ioreg command. Tomorrow or saturday I have more time and I'll create my sf account. also I need more space on the hack and I have to find a way to expand macOs partition and save Ubuntu. See you.

• Like 1

Did not tryed yet to run the program on my iMac, just used the ioreg command. Tomorrow or saturday I have more time and I'll create my sf account. also I need more space on the hack and I have to find a way to expand macOs partition and save Ubuntu. See you.

Welcome to Developer's group!

• Like 5

Welcome to Developer's group!

Thanks Slice! 

This is my new sf account

As expected! I'll start tomorrow. Also its appearance with dark mode is bad, but I'll make auto detect...

I'm hoping that one day someone with skylake X will join the group....

This monitor rocks and I miss it :)

What's the problem?

• Like 1

Thanks Slice! 

As expected! I'll start tomorrow. Also its appearance with dark mode is bad, but I'll make auto detect...

What's the problem?

Just no readings basically. Unsupported CPU. I got to the point where it will load, but I only get the hard drive temps.

Thanks Slice! 

Done.

Next step you should login and then checkout the project again but with RW access.

https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/code3/HEAD/tree/

I'm hoping that one day someone with skylake X will join the group....

This monitor rocks and I miss it :)

What is the CPU? Can you give me preboot.log from clover? AIDA64 CPU report?

What is the CPU? Can you give me preboot.log from clover? AIDA64 CPU report?

Yes great!

This is a dropbox link with ioreg as well (too big to attach)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sikuvfac8qfx795/AABzOhW-ImGdaIhNY2biPM3aa?dl=0

attachicon.gifLog&Report.zip

Thanks!

New version

IntelCPUMonitor.kext-122.zip

• Like 1

this seems do not detect my Xeon 2696 V4 CPU (22 cores / 44 Threads) Broadwell EP type

Also SSD is not detected (850 pro)

It is detected. The others there are not ssd disk but mechanical ones

Added CPU aida 64 report

post-468967-0-54653200-1508563315_thumb.png

CPU.zip

this seems do not detect my Xeon 2696 V4 CPU (22 cores / 44 Threads) Broadwell EP type

Also SSD is not detected (850 pro)

It is detected. The others there are not ssd disk but mechanical ones

Added CPU aida 64 report

Your CPU Broadwell_EP Model=0x4F is already supported by IntelCPUMonitor1.2.1+ and FakeSMC_3.5.0.