Maverick 10.9.4 requires USB stick after Chameleon install

sharky9

3 posts in this topic

I've got a really strange one here.  After the install of Chameleon (latest one 2391), the machine will boot off the HDD into the loader menu, and I always use the line which was successful for install-launch "IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N" - but this will never achieve the desktop....like it's having trouble with graphics, because it won't leave the black console screen.  You know it's screwed when you see the 'Bluetooth' controller messages come up because the desktop should have launched by then.

*BUT*

If you stick the USB installer in and boot of of that, then select the HDD to boot off of at the loader menu and use the same flags "IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N" - it boots to the desktop login everytime.  I can't figure this one out at all?   I want to take the stick out of there lol!!

Any clues?

This happened to me, To fix, I deleted all the kexts in s/l/e that had the bluetooth in their name. then repair permissions/touch. A backup of the deleted kext was done first though. This worked for me as I don't use bluetooth devices on my CrapinTosh.

EDIT: Have you tried booting with -x -v -f ?

Edited by bobby ray dingles

I'll try that, I don't think it's a bluetooth kext though, if it was it should freeze up booting the other way as well.  I'm only using the stick to boot the bootloader then choosing the hard drive to actually boot into.  This is weird....