Fixing Errors on Clean DSDTs

shrieken213

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to get my DSDT extracted but I can't seem to get it to be error-free.

So far I've tried MaciASL (never liked it, buggy interface), DSDT Editor (best one I know, but DSDT extraction is broken atm) and iASL (OS X acpidump is broken; needed Linux live disk for proper extraction). Every method seems to extract a different version of the same DSDT, for some reason, but all of them have the same 85 errors from the get go.

So far I've been able to auto-patch 80 of those using DSDT Editor. The few that remain are PARSEOP_ZERO pointing to ~30 lines of "Zero," PARSEOP_ARG0, Unexpected { which is completely weird because the syntax is correct from what I can tell, and unexpected $end.

I've also tried Pjalm's fix for my board but that truncates the DSDT in half and results in mismatched brackets.

I also applied Toleda's native Haswell power management via SSDT, and I used that SSDT to decode the DSDT.dat to get the resulting dsdt.dsl in the attached archive. The SSDT definition takes into account my overclock and fully enables SpeedStep, so if possible I'd like to keep that...

Attached are my dump files from acpidump, SSDT.aml, dsdt.dsl decoded w/ 'iasl -e SSDT.aml -d dsdt.dat', and the error log before and after auto patching on DSDT Editor.

*I used RampageDev's example of a fixed DSDT found here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294513-haswell-i5-nuc-compile-errors/ and got it to compile without errors!

When the code specifies 

If (xxxxxx)
{
    PS0X or PS3X
}

just change PS0X/PS3X to Store (Zero, PS0X/PS3X).

In the case of a PARSEOP_ZERO or PARSEOP_ARG0 error, just delete that section of zeroes or the problem-causing arg0.

Once all the other errors are resolved, the premature file termination error seemed to resolve itself.

Good hack!

Dump.zip

post-700858-0-49319800-1406448002_thumb.png

post-700858-0-97987100-1406448015_thumb.png