Audio doesn't work on Yosemite dp4

nellazzo

24 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

Yesterday I updated my yosemite from dp3 to dp4, but the audio does not work anymore.....neither with a patched AppleHDA.kext nor with a VoodooHDA kext.

I tried also to boot with  "kext-dev-mode=1" but nothing. 

On dp3 the audio worked flawlessly with the universal VoodooHDA kext, but now nothing; I don't know why.

Someone can help me, please? :)

Thanks in advance! 

Hello!

It is for anybody, who wants to give you support, very hard to do this because of your unknown hardware,  used install method, bootloader and SMbios personalitiy.

Please put your hardware in your signature as told by the board rules and like many others have done it here.

Have fun.

also got no audio anymore since updated from dp3 (which worked fine) to dp4. i would like to know if i can imigrate my apps+settings from dp3 after installing the offcicial beta..

ga-z77x-ud5h, i7-3770, hd4000, 16gb 1600mhz ddr3, realtek alc898 v2, clover r2721

i have alc898, i installed two kexts in order to get audio working in dp4. 

AppleHDA

HDAEnabler7

Just dropped it in iKext, restarted and audio was back. 

Found it here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite-dps/

good luck!

The two kexts where for alc898. The url points to all the hda kexts. you need only alc888

I would guess that you installed already other stuff to make it work. for instance if you have voodoohda, remove it.

Try a clean install, and don't choose to install any audio drivers or other drivers, just the minimum! as such you can isolate your audio problem

Hi everybody!

Yesterday I updated my yosemite from dp3 to dp4, but the audio does not work anymore.....neither with a patched AppleHDA.kext nor with a VoodooHDA kext.

I tried also to boot with  "kext-dev-mode=1" but nothing. 

On dp3 the audio worked flawlessly with the universal VoodooHDA kext, but now nothing; I don't know why.

Someone can help me, please? :)

Thanks in advance! 

send me your config.plist or boot.plist

• Like 2

whats the difference between hdaenabler7 and 9?

Layout_ID 7 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) 

Layout_ID 9 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue, CodecAddress: 2)

• Like 1

boot with kext-dev-mode=1

Yes, of course.... I have already specified it in my description, unfortunately doesn't work  

Hello!

Surely the layout ID 7 and 9.

You have it to choose the correct one for the Layout ID, with the patched AppleHDA.kext has been edtied or the native kext is working.

Have fun.

I have chosen the correct layout ID (in my case the 7) with a patched AppleHDA.kext for alc888 but still not working

Thank u 

The two kexts where for alc898. The url points to all the hda kexts. you need only alc888

I would guess that you installed already other stuff to make it work. for instance if you have voodoohda, remove it.

Try a clean install, and don't choose to install any audio drivers or other drivers, just the minimum! as such you can isolate your audio problem

Yes I know obviously :) I tried the alc888 kext for my sound card with the layout id 7 and a patched applehda but without success

send me your config.plist or boot.plist

Hi Mirone, I was unable to send you my boot.plist, because the site doesn't allow me to upload this file.... it says: "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" so how can I do?

Can you send me your email? So I'll send my boot.plist to your email? Thank you  :)

Yes, of course.... I have already specified it in my description, unfortunately doesn't work  

I have chosen the correct layout ID (in my case the 7) with a patched AppleHDA.kext for alc888 but still not working

Thank u 

Yes I know obviously :) I tried the alc888 kext for my sound card with the layout id 7 and a patched applehda but without success

Hi Mirone, I was unable to send you my boot.plist, because the site doesn't allow me to upload this file.... it says: "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" so how can I do?

Can you send me your email? So I'll send my boot.plist to your email? Thank you  :)

Problem solved: I compressed it :D

Here my  Boot.plist

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

you don't say it specifically, but did you try a clean install with only the necessary drivers?

I had dp2, dp3 and dp4, now beta. But tried many methods (macpoison, select audio drivers when installing, voodoohda, patches) but it just didn't worked.

I clean installed it with only necessary drivers (graphics mainly) did the update from dp2 to beta, used the kexts from the link i mentioned earlier, and it just worked. afterwards i changed other kexts (usb, trim, ...) and audio was still working

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to Yosemite DP5 and I have VoodooHDA. There's this weird problem of audio working sometimes and sometimes not. 

My specs (Sony Vaio)
Intel i3 2.39 GHz

Intel HD3000 Graphics onboard

Clover Bootloader

Thanks in Advance

Updated to Yosemite DP5 and I have VoodooHDA. There's this weird problem of audio working sometimes and sometimes not. 

My specs (Sony Vaio)

Intel i3 2.39 GHz

Intel HD3000 Graphics onboard

Clover Bootloader

Thanks in Advance

i don't thinks somebody will reply here since the problem is solved. maybe start another thread?

Would be great if you could post a link with a solution or something like that. Anyways, i'm back on OS X 10.9 and i'll just sit tight until the public release :P

well i already posted a solution, but it's for dp4... thats why i suggested to start another topic ;)

Voodoo 2.85 works fine here with DP4 on a Asus z87 as well as the Public Beta on a Asus Z97.

Sound on-board or HDMI?

Update:

I see now your audio is ALC892, because it's a ASUS Z87 I though was ALC1150 :/