Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI". Attempting to install 10.9.4

marbleduck

23 posts in this topic

Have removed the kernel patch, and am trying clover. See this post:
Now I KP at startup. "Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI""

I haven’t installed anything yet; I’m just trying to boot into the USB installation drive. To get it to boot I had to change mach_kernel using this perl patch discussed here:

's|\x74\x6c(\x48\x83\xc7\x28\x90\x8b\x05..\x5e\x00\x85\x47\xdc)\x74\x54(\x8b\x4f\xd8\x45\x85\xc0\x74\x08\x44\x39\xc1\x44\x89\xc1)\x75\x44(\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x57\xf8\x48\x8b\x47\xe8\x48\x85\xc0\x74\x06\x48\xf7\xd0\x48\x21\xc2\x48\x0b\x57\xf0\x49\x89\xd1\x49\xc1\xe9\x20\x89\xd0\x8b\x4f\xd8\x4c\x89\xca)(\x0f\x30\x8b\x4f\xd8\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x17\x48\x83\xc7\x30\xff\xce)\x75\x99(\x5d\xc3)\x90{7}|\x74\x73${1}\x74\x5b${2}\x75\x4b${3}\x66\x81\xf9\xe2\x00\x74\x02${4}\x75\x92${5}|g' mach_kernel

If I set GraphicsEnabler=No (default), I simply get a black screen after I see it do its normal verbose boot (the screen goes black right after [iOBluetoothHCIController]. If I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, then it simply hangs on the same [iOBluetoothHCIController].
Has anyone run into this problem? I'd really appreciate some sort of solution. If no one has a solution, then any possible ways I could troubleshoot this would also be appreciated.

A concise summary below:

Issue:
Black screen after boot. I can see everything on the boot screen, but nothing after.

Hardware:
EVGA Classified Z97
2x EVGA reference 780Ti
i7-4790K

Things I have tried:
GraphicsEnabler=No (black screen remains)
GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Hangs on [iOBluetoothHCIController])
PCIRootUID=0,1
DSDT=no
-f, -F, -x

Hi and Welcome.

try this:

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10

Thanks for taking your time to help me. It's appreciated.

I did this (as well as updating to the new Chameleon). I get this now, something I didn't get before:

****[iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Clearly, I'm missing something (hence the timeout), but I have no idea what to do about it.

ncpi=0x2000 and 0x3000 do not solve the issue.

Does anyone happen to have any other ideas?

I'm beginning to think that this project is beyond me. Perhaps I'll have to wait until someone better at these things gets OS X running on the Z97 classified.

I'll see if there's any guides for other EVGA boards, but, excepting that, I'm out of ideas.

Make sure ACPI is Enabled in your Bios/UEFI.

When I load my "Failsafe Defaults", in my Bios ACPI is Off by Default.

What other words would be synonymous with ACPI in a BIOS? I don't seem to have an ACPI setting. Would it be under SATA options, or elsewhere?

• 5 months later...

I was running "unable to find driver for this platform" error. Just in case anyone else is reading through this and not able to fix it using what worked for the other guys, here is what worked for me:

- In clover boot menu, choose "options"
- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"
- Escape out to the main menu and boot

It took me hours of trial and error, so hopefully this helps someone else!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was running "unable to find driver for this platform" error. Just in case anyone else is reading through this and not able to fix it using what worked for the other guys, here is what worked for me:[/size]

- In clover boot menu, choose "options"[/size]- Select "DSDT fix mask"[/size]- Uncheck "Fix LAN"[/size]- Escape out to the main menu and boot[/size]It took me hours of trial and error, so hopefully this helps someone else![/size]

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me neither :(

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Luxinhaus - lifesaver indeed! I've had my H87N-WIFI booting yosemite without any problems for a long time now, but I wanted to free up the GFX card for use in another build and also because I want to put a WIFI card in the single available PCIe slot - banging my head against brick walls until I read this thread - who'd have known that deselecting FixIntelGFX would make IntelGFX work!!!! Well not me - glad you did!!!

cheers :)