USB headset not working

Marius_rg

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have build a system based on the Asus Maximus VI Formula, using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.2.2 ALC1150 drivers and I'm having issues with a USB headset (Jabra biz 2400), meaning that the device is not recognised, so I cannot use it in Skype or Lync. 

After farther testings, looks like I can only get the USB headset "mounted" if I power off the system + switch off the power from the source and then, power on + boot windows. After that, reboot in Mac OSX and I can see the device, but after the next reboot the device is gone.

Also, I noticed that when I plug in the headset into the USB port, I get these messages bellow in the console logs:

24/07/14 11:51:51,000 kernel[0]: WaitForCMD: Timeout waiting for command completion (opcode 0xb), 100ms
24/07/14 11:51:51,000 kernel[0]: CommandAbort: Timeout waiting for command to abort, 100ms

Can anyone help me please with this?

Hello!

Your used tool is not supported here. If you have problems with your used tools, please hand over, where you have got them from and ask there for support.

Please read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/ and this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/275941-very-important-please-read-about-tonymacx86-and-iatkos-m/

And even not a bad idea is, to put your hardware in your signature, like many others have others have done it.

If you have problems with here provided tools and supported install methods, you will for sure get support to get rid of your problems.

Have fun!

Hello!

Use the search function  for a working solution. You should also correct your SMBios. Running the one of an iMac 14,2 with  complete wrong AGPM edits on a X58 system is not the best idea. The matching ones are MacPro 3,1 - 5,1 and can be easy corrected by Legacy kexts. At the next update you have to touch the original kext again. The legacy ones are done one time and can be used as long as the SMBios is supported by Apple. And the best way to edit the legacy kexts is to fake a non existing MacPro model based on one of them with a generated valid sn. I would fake a MacPro 3,2 based on the existing 3,1 and so on. This stuff has been invented by Master Chief in 2009. I know a bit old school, but worth every cent.

Here you go for them: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/181631-dsdt-vanilla-speedstep-generic-scope-pr/?p=1287021 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/181631-dsdt-vanilla-speedstep-generic-scope-pr/?p=1289092

You have also to rename the Mac Pro model in the created SMBios with your fake name.

Have fun.

Thanks for the reply. The MB I have is based on Z87, not X58...that's why I went on iMac14.2. (CPU is i7-4790, Video Geforce 760) I will try to see if I can find any solution for the sound, but so far I found mostly with SSDT/DSDT edits and I'm kinda' noon at that :(

No worries. I have not enabled IGPU yet, using only the PCIE one.

I have did a clean install on a second partition using "my hack" method and, after I managed to get in (without installing any Extra kext)....I was able to see the USB headset. After that, I decided to follow the Clover method ( to enable sound using the native AppleHDA.kext, which worked....but, I lost again the USB headset. Not sure why by enabling sound I loose the USB headset device. (so far this is the second method of enabling sound and both have the same inconvenient).

Looking into the console log, I see over and over again.

:27/07/14 12:46:56,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    244. 67    IOUSBCompositeDriver(Jabra BIZ 2400 USB)::ConfigureDevice SetConfiguration (1) returned 0xe00002bd

So you're saying that neither this install method is not ok? I was getting this method from this site, as I was told not to get help from this forum using other hack solutions from tony.....

I'm confused :(

Hello!

It is for sure ok for the install and get a device up, without having experiance. I personally don´t use any of this tools. I create my installers manually to have control over the installation and what is installed.

But after you have finished the installation and be able to boot your installation from the hdd or with clover by usb, you have to remove disturbing things, which prevent the installation from proper running.

If you want to switch to clover, there could be some disturbing kexts inMyHack.kext. If fakesmc.kext is in it, get a new version of hw sensors (google for download) and install the software, adapt installation and select fakesmc.kext to be installed with acpi, cpu and gpu sensor plugins. Before you run this install, put fakesmc.kext, if it is in MyHack.kext to trash. After install of hw-sensors reboot by ignoring caches. You should also activate in clover the asuspmpatch and put then from MyHack.kext nullcpupm.kext, if it is there, to trash and reboot once again by ignoring caches. In this way, you have now to sort out, which kexts are necessary for running the install, but all needed ones, should be updated to the newest version. And the not needed ones have to be put to trash aslong as there are no more plugins in the Myhack.kext and it can be removed.

Which files and folders are in the Extra folder of your install?

Have fun.

I'm using Clover to boot, but not with all the {censored} that was in the Myhack USB installer. I'm using the config.plist and all other SSDT and DSDT that I got them working for my setup. For kexts, I only have the fakesmc (latest version) and realtekALC. Those are the only kexts installed on the new installation. 

I installed just now a USB 3.0 universal driver and I no longer receive those endless messages, only this one "27/07/14 14:50:22,000 kernel[0]: WaitForCMD: Timeout waiting for command completion (opcode 0xb), 100ms" when I plug the USB device.

So, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the setup, why I cannot get the device mounted successfully. 

I just did another clean install, this time without doing anything... (just fakesmc and realteck kext which are already in the Clover EFI)...and I was able to see the USB device mounted. But...after I pulled if off and insert it back into another port...I got again the same error, over and over again. Put it back into the initial USB port, no go...rebooted, still no go. So...WTF!?

Hello!

In the clover config.plist, there are under devices three entries for usb injection. Try to set all three to true/yes.

And in any case it seems, that you have to use a kext for usb 3.0. Try to install the one from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/?hl=%20genericusb

Your usb headset should work with the native untouched AppleHDA.kext. No patch needed to get sound over usb. In your case it hangs, because your usb ports are not working.

Which chipset is used for your usb 3.0?

Have fun.

I checked in clover Configurator pretty much all that I saw with USB related configs....(attached bellow). But, why USB 2.0 is not working? I mean, I've moved the USB device in all USB ports, none are working (front/back, 2.0/3.0)

The USB chipset is ASM107x and in bios is enabled the option Intel USB EHCI (or something).

I installed also the driver you mentioned, but no change. (I just installed it, without modifying anything else...even though I saw in the read me that I might have to modify some AppleKext file, but I couldn't understand what exactly needs to be changed)

Interesting though that sometimes, without any changes on my end, I do see the device mounted. Also, for the "other OS X install)" I was able to get the device mounted if I power off completely the system, power-n and boot into windows, reboot back in OSX. But, after a 2-nd reboot, device is gone :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ACPI</key>

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>Debug</key>

<false/>

<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>

<false/>

<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>

<key>FixUSB_1000</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>ReuseFFFF</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>DropTables</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Signature</key>

<string>SSDT</string>

<key>TableId</key>

<string>CpuPm</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Signature</key>

<string>SSDT</string>

<key>TableId</key>

<string>Cpu0Ist</string>

</dict>

</array>

<key>SSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>DropOem</key>

<false/>

<key>Generate</key>

<dict>

<key>CStates</key>

<false/>

<key>PStates</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>Boot</key>

<dict>

<key>Arguments</key>

<string>-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>DefaultVolume</key>

<string>MAC</string>

<key>Legacy</key>

<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>

<key>LegacyBiosDefaultEntry</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Log</key>

<false/>

<key>Secure</key>

<false/>

<key>Timeout</key>

<integer>2</integer>

<key>XMPDetection</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

<key>CPU</key>

<dict>

<key>QPI</key>

<integer>100</integer>

</dict>

<key>Devices</key>

<dict>

<key>USB</key>

<dict>

<key>FixOwnership</key>

<true/>

<key>Inject</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>GUI</key>

<dict>

<key>Hide</key>

<array>

<string>NewHDD2</string>

<string>New Volume</string>

</array>

<key>Mouse</key>

<dict>

<key>DoubleClick</key>

<integer>500</integer>

<key>Enabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Mirror</key>

<false/>

<key>Speed</key>

<integer>8</integer>

</dict>

<key>Scan</key>

<true/>

<key>ScreenResolution</key>

<string>1920x1200</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>bluemac</string>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>ATI</key>

<false/>

<key>Intel</key>

<false/>

<key>NVidia</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>

<key>AppleRTC</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>

<string>09/03/2013</string>

<key>BiosVendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>BiosVersion</key>

<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B00.1309031249</string>

<key>Board-ID</key>

<string>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</string>

<key>BoardManufacturer</key>

<key>BoardType</key>

<integer>10</integer>

<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>

<string>iMac-Aluminum</string>

<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>

<key>ChassisType</key>

<string>13</string>

<key>Family</key>

<string>iMac</string>

<key>Manufacturer</key>

<key>Mobile</key>

<false/>

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>iMac14,2</string>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<string>C02KVPIAF8JC</string>

<key>Trust</key>

<false/>

<key>Version</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>Detect</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

I think I managed to get it working as supposed to. I went on internet and found a newer version of that Generic USB driver (GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.8d7) and, with this one I get the USB device mounted at each reboot. Will do more testing, but I think this was it!