10.9, Migration Assistant & Black Screen...!

Jer2224

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have installed 10.9.4 on my Workstation 10.0.3 instance. All runs fine, except for a couple of niggles. I have installed VMware Tools from Fusion 6.0.4 - all good - and now the OS is running really nicely. What I want to do is run Migration Assistant to transfer my apps and docs from my ageing 10.5.8 MacBook Black.

Running the Migration Assistant on 10.9 runs fine until after authenticating the admin user. Then, the screen goes black when the next option appears - from this mac, to this mac, or Time Machine (I know this from running it on my MacBook). Nothing I do makes this screen appear. I have installed the VMsvga2 v1.2.5 for 10.9 package from Sourceforge (after VMTools) but this hasn't made any difference. I assume this is happening because the Finder is closing behind Migration Assistant - an this is causing the problem.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

Thanks.

Jeremy.

Hi.

Good point! Hadn't even considered that fact, so thanks! Was just thinking that it would be a good way to bring over all my docs, email and all the other stuff on my old MacBook. Guess I can do it manually, but that doesn't explain why MA threw up a black screen before it even knows my MB exists!

Cheers.

Jeremy.