USB Devices Automatically Wakes Hackintosh; Can't Find Kexts For Renesas USB 3.0

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a bunch of USB-related issues going on with my Hackintosh.

It's a vanilla install done via myHack and no DSDT edits so far. It's running on NullCPUPowerManagement and I want to get off those crutches but I heard I have to go with an iMac12,1 system definition so...but that's a story for later!

Right now the urgent issue is that whenever a USB mobile device (e.g. NOT a keyboard, mouse, flash drive) such as my iPhone or Android device is plugged into any of the USB ports provided by my motherboard, the computer refuses to sleep. Whenever I put the thing to sleep, it instantly wakes up. This, coupled with the fact that the computer does not fully shut down but executes the OS X shutdown procedure and exits the operating system leaving me with an unresponsive black screen, means that whenever I want to leave my computer without wasting power I have to force-shut down or forego charging my devices...

My build is based on a Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H Rev. 1.1 on the latest BIOS, which should be a trouble-free build. It's also running on the native Mavericks IOUSBFamily.kext and NOT GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I found the generic USB 3.0 kext to cause freezes when I'm using SuperSpeed devices. Also of note is the fact that my motherboard supports what Gigabyte calls ON/OFF Charge, which supplies electricity to USB devices even when the system is sleeping or powered down. I myself am suspecting an issue with that handover of USB devices between the OS and motherboard firmware.

My second issue is that I have a PCIe card to provide me with a second USB 3.0 header. It works perfectly fine in Windows, but it's not recognized in OS X. In fact, the only PCIe device that the system sees is the graphics card (GTX 770). I know from Windows that the USB card has a Renesas controller, if that helps.

Is there any way to get these two things working?