No Keyboard/Mouse on Install

zacharyc

6 posts in this topic

I made a bootable Yosemite installer using Clover with this guide: http://www.skylineosx.com/yosemite-installation-guide/

I am able to boot, and using safe mode, able to access the installation process. However I have no keyboard or mouse on these screens and I cannot proceed. I have tried both PS/2 and USB, and tried multiple ports. I have also disabled USB injection in clover settings, and it is still not working.

Any ideas? (Core i5 750, GA-P55M-UD2, Radeon HD 5450)

Are your USB ports on USB 3.0 (shown physically as blue on many motherboards and cases)? Something I've found is that Yosemite betas will not use the USB 3.0 ports, but any USB 2.0 port will work fine (USB 2.0 ports are usually black). I had a case with front USB 2.0 ports so I used those ports on my mouse/keyboard combo.

If you don't know if you're using USB 3.0 or not, what I've found is that you can load up a Linux Live CD (such as Ubuntu, which is highly recommended) and use lsusb to find out if your ports are using USB 3.0 or not.

Iam using the exact same hardware and had no issues with yosemite everything working audio etc.If you want me to post my dsdt with graphics and sound edits for hdmi audio etc etc i can....Youre card i assume is the asus hd 5450 silent device 0x68F91002 if so my dsdt edit will allow you to use vanilla kexts without edits to the amd kexts each time you update

• 4 weeks later...

Download the DSDT file for your motherboard.  Rename it DSDT.aml.  Place it in the following directory on your Yosemite installer USB Drive:  /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

After this your USB Keyboard/Mouse should be working.  PS/2 peripherals will almost certainly still not work.  I have the same MB and had to do this in order to install both Mavericks and Yosemite (although with Mavericks I used Chameleon which needs the DSDT file placed in a different location).  Frustratingly I cannot get my ps/2 keyboard to work with Yosemite yet.  I have it working under Mavericks and I installed the same driver in Yosemite but so far no luck.  If anybody has had any luck with ps/2 keyboards (or mice) under Yosemite please enlighten me.

• 1 month later...

Download the DSDT file for your motherboard.  Rename it DSDT.aml.  Place it in the following directory on your Yosemite installer USB Drive:  /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

After this your USB Keyboard/Mouse should be working.  PS/2 peripherals will almost certainly still not work.  I have the same MB and had to do this in order to install both Mavericks and Yosemite (although with Mavericks I used Chameleon which needs the DSDT file placed in a different location).  Frustratingly I cannot get my ps/2 keyboard to work with Yosemite yet.  I have it working under Mavericks and I installed the same driver in Yosemite but so far no luck.  If anybody has had any luck with ps/2 keyboards (or mice) under Yosemite please enlighten me.

I had lods of trouble on my hackintosh for my Yosemite install. This worked great!!!!

Gigabyte h55M USB 3.0 rev 2

Now installing Yosemite using MacPwn installer and clover efi