dual booting windows and mac

south4769

6 posts in this topic

i have found many tutorials on how to do this... but none that explain what to do in my position.

here's is what is happening: i installed osx with chameleon in February then in June (last month) i installed on another partition... i cannot access osx because windows will boot over it because it was the last installed OS. i need to access the osx. is there a boot loader i can use? (i don't want to uninstall any of the OSes) please help! thank-you

(btw my system is a dell inspiron 3520)

if you need any clarification or have any questions, please ask me in a reply to this thread.

You can use the Windows bootloader to chainload chameleon on your OSX volume by installing EasyBCD in Windows (link to download  http://www.softpedia...s/EasyBCD.shtml ).

To create an OSX entry in the Windows boot menu,

• Open EasyBCD and click "Add New Entry" button on left
  • Click on the "Mac" tab under "Operating Systems", change the name to whatever you like eg "OSX Mavericks" and then select "MBR" for mode and click "Add Entry"
  • Click on the "Edit Boot Menu" button on the left and tick which OS you want to boot by default.  The timeout option can be changed to say 3 seconds to allow reasonable time to choose which OS to boot (if different to default).  Finally click "Save Settings"

When you reboot the computer, selecting the OSX entry from the Windows bootloader should now chainload chameleon and you should now be able to boot OSX as per normal.

PS:  Another method is to use cVaD's BootDiskUtility in Windows to create a bootable Clover/Chameleon USB boot disk to boot into OSX. You can also create a Mavericks USB installer in Windows with this procedure - see (GUIDE) Create Boot USB Installer OS X Mavericks on Windows.