Yosemite Open Beta

mediamac

180 posts in this topic

I just upgraded to yosemite beta from 10.9.4. Just updated via app store. Of course I am using clover. created a 10.10 folder in efi/clover/kexts and added fakesmc and other needed kexts to it. Worked wonderfully!

you can update from an existing os x. but it is not recommended and you need a pendrive anyway. at least with chameleon. dont know about clover.

Updated from 10.9.4 to Yosemite beta using clover. Just restart and you will find "install osx" drive just like a normal clover installation drive. I installed it directly from app store on my dv6 and it worked. Although now that install osx drive entry still exists in Clover. i need to get rid off that. Oh and I created a 10.10 folder in efi and copied fakesmc to it. No need for nullcpumanagement for me as I am using that patch and the lapic patch from within clover. Also set the kext-devmode flag in clover before updating. Sleep failed the first time but it worked every single time after that. Had to install ApplehdaIDT dummy kext once again. Don't know why but I have a feeling the first boot up didn't have proper kernel caches.

I installed the public beta without any problems but now I can't get rid of "OS X Install from SDD-OSX" in my boot list in Clover.  Any idea how to remove that (as opposed to hiding it.)  Also, I want to delete the bloated 5 GB install file but that doesn't make the Clover entry disappear.  It just makes it cause a KP because it can't find the file.

Same problem but no KP's whatsoever. Btw, where is that 5 gb install file. I cannot find its download location. Its not n my Applications folder either.

you can update from an existing os x. but it is not recommended and you need a pendrive anyway. at least with chameleon. dont know about clover.

Why is it not recommended?

I did it many times, previously with Chameleon, now with Clover and no issues except the usual kext patching, before I learnt about DSDT

Contrary to Mavericks, having the Game Capture HD from Elgato connected to an USB port with Yosemite gave me a KP at boot.

And I haven't installed a single program of capture, I only forgot to disconect the peripheral after using it with Mavericks.

hi, just wonder if it is possible to update via apple store from DP3 or 4 directly to beta 1; without the need of preparing an USB to install?

many thanks for the advise. (I am using Chamalon to boot).

So I got a bit further using mendietinha's mach kernel, fantomas's patch, and mendietinha's advice on another thread on swapping between usb ports when getting the "still waiting for root device" message, and got Yosemite to install.unfortunately, now the keyboard isn't detected, nor am I able to boot into my hard drive upon installing chameleon build 2391. I also had a kernel panic with osxwatchdog, which I resolved by moving all of the Intel graphics kexts from s/l/e to the root directory as advised on another thread. I had even tried to use the same extras folder from my Mavericks install to no avail.

Strangely enough, the same usb installer worked on another laptop just fine with none of the issues above. The only issue that one has is that the track pad pointer works fine until I boot into Windows, upon which the pointer goes haywire once I boot into Yosemite again. The only way I can regain use of the track pad is by reinstalling Yosemite and never booting onto my Windows partition. An external mouse works just fine, but I'd like to be able to work without the mouse.

Another strange thing is that for both installs, when booting in verbose mode,I get the pleasure of seeing every single kext that's ever been made run instead of going through a cache. While my Mavericks install didn't need any extra key value pair added to the boot plist to prompt chameleon to use a cache, I'm wondering if Yosemite needs one now.

The above descriptions don't go through painstaking detail but if there's something my feeble mind can help with for folks with a similar situation/setup, just let me know!

Same problem but no KP's whatsoever. Btw, where is that 5 gb install file. I cannot find its download location. Its not n my Applications folder either.

The Beta installer was in my applications folder.  I found it be searching for "Install OS X" in finder.  As for deleting the Clover entry, Clover put it into a hidden folder called .IABootFiles.  I deleted that folder and rebooted.  It rebuilt the files in that folder without the Install OS X entry.  Of course you need a means to show hidden files and to hide them again when you are done.  (Credit for that solution goes to Maniac10.)

Works nice for me  update and clean install both...though clean install is better ....

i am using old clover config. files  :)

• 4 weeks later...

all cool here!

ok, i download, proceed with the installer, it reboots to the install screen and reboot again and voila. patched applehda rollback or patch again and ready to go.

simple proceed with clover. see:

post-564601-0-84895400-1408656281_thumb.png

installed without any problems over dp6.

• Like 1

Did it show up after dp6 update or you changed update catalog because it showed me only itunes update?

I think that is the question and not how you installed it with few mouse clicks. :lol:

Look in Purchases, not Software Updates.

Alexanderq, if you have DP6, don't worry about this.

mendietinha: there are 2 branches, Public beta and DP, ofc they are not identical but the build number "14A329" is the same. This was the same story with Public beta 1 and DP3-4(can't remember exactly)

Alexanderq, if you have DP6, don't worry about this.

mendietinha: there are 2 branches, Public beta and DP, ofc they are not identical but the build number "14A329" is the same. This was the same story with Public beta 1 and DP3-4(can't remember exactly)

As i still have a network problem unsolved even after dp6 I'm still hoping.

Is it just me or does the MBR patch no longer work anymore for Public Beta 2? I tried it but the installer crashes at the select partition screen.

EDIT: I took a step further and made my hard disk a GPT/MBR hybrid like on a real Mac. I got annoyed of patching the installer.