Yosemite Open Beta

mediamac

180 posts in this topic

sorry, I should have mentioned that I use chameleon.  BTW, what version of chameleon would you recommend for this install?  A link or keyword to a working guide would also be much appreciated since I would also be attempting this on a Dell, which I notice happens to be the make of your yosemite hackintosh and historically, I've had more success working within the same make with hackintoshes.  Thank you!

the installation is the same as the other dps. you can follow any of the guides. i use the latest chameleon 2391 with the kernel in the root renamed as mach_kernel. 

to spare you and others work, here is the kernel:

ps. if i cannot post it, just edit it please. it is already renamed to put on the root and be used with the latest chameleon.

mach_kernel.zip

Sorry.  I phrased that poorly.  I meant that I should reference the root in my org.chameleon.boot.plist as /mach_kernel in place of the one made by chameleon build 2390, which points to /s/l/e/kernel.  I initially built the pen drive using the installer and then I installed build 2391 over the existing version of chameleon.  I also installed it without any customization.  unfortunately, it's currently stuck on this message.

With every hackintosh, it always feels like I'm starting afresh with no experience. Buh.

post-330648-0-93861300-1406263005_thumb.jpg

i had the same problem, and i solve by changing the usb port at that point. when you get stuck, try to change from an usb 3.0 to an usb 2.0 or something like that. it keeps and works.

find the combination.

Feels like they just packaged up DP4 and bumped the version. Still writes a messed-up recovery partition and the network interfaces prefpane is still misaligned.

The kernel version is *slightly* newer (jul 16 vs jul 15 in DP4) unless they have bumped the numbers up too.

I installed the public beta without any problems but now I can't get rid of "OS X Install from SDD-OSX" in my boot list in Clover.  Any idea how to remove that (as opposed to hiding it.)  Also, I want to delete the bloated 5 GB install file but that doesn't make the Clover entry disappear.  It just makes it cause a KP because it can't find the file.