Mavericks strange colors on LVDS Samsung Laptop Display

llsiddhantll

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I've run into this strange problem with my hackintosh. Everything is working, audio, sleep, etc, even graphics, with QE/CI, but the screen looks strange. On my laptop display, the colors are messed up, there is this bluish haze on top of everything, and I see small pinkish green dots in a lot of places. I've looked online a lot, but it seems no one else has this problem. I've attached a couple of pictures for you guys. Also, this does not occur on an external HDMI monitor. In my case, my TV.

I made the USB installer manually, by mounting BaseSystem.dmg etc.

Also, during the install, everything looked good, no distortions of any sort, even though I used the exact same boot flags during install and during boot.

I used -v -f IGPEnabler=Yes IntelFBCapri=4 EnableDualLink=Yes

I have Dual Link enabled using Chameleon, and I use an kg-platform-id of 01660004, otherwise the dual link patch does not get applied.

Also, needless to say, I use Intel HD 4000 Graphics.

I also followed this tutorial to no avail:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/208410-fixing-scrambledstretched-or-wrong-resolution-laptop-display-problems/

Any help is appreciated!

post-1273538-0-64043800-1406100900_thumb.jpg

post-1273538-0-26295500-1406100948_thumb.jpg

post-1273538-0-31278800-1406100984_thumb.jpg

Hello

I'll teach something to you that work right in HD 3000 and maybe work to HD 4000, i believe that you have a problem realted with your chipset, but what i'll teach you now is just a trick and i don't know if it'll work fine... Use at your own risk:

Try edit kexts AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB und AppleIntelFramebufferCapri...... inside de kext open AppleIntelMEIDriver and inside this file edit key IOPCIPrimaryMatch...

For AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext add this info -------------------> 0x1C3A8086

For AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext add this info -----------------> 0x1E3A8086

Please make this texts... backup original kexts without modified and after modified them...

Hey PimentelX86,

I tried what you said, but AppleIntelMEIDriver > IOPCIPrimaryMatch is already set to the value you specified in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri. I don't have an AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in my Extensions folder. Is that a problem?

Hello

No.. don't worries... have other trick... but use at your own risk....

*Set your SMbios to MacBookPro 8,1

*Edit AGPM.... inside AGPM.kext has a file info.plist, inside this file has many Model identifies... Select model MacBookPro8,1

*Inside MacBookpPro8,1 has a key, Vendor8086Device0126, if you found this key, please rename it for IGPU

Maybe work, maybe not... don't cost try :)

In your case it is necessary to change the values of the kext AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

Read here to learn how to edit the values [Guia] Habilitar audio HDMI - Intel HD 4000 (Use Google Tradutor)

And use this:

@0, 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00// (LVDS)

@1, 02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 04 00 00 // (DisplayPort)

@2, 03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 81 00 00 00 // (DisplayPort)

@3, 04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 81 00 00 00 // (DisplayPort)

save and reboot

Hello

I'll try PimentelX86's fix too. But my AGPM did not have such a key :/

Don't worries, that fix was to HD 3000 and i think that work in HD 4000, allan gave to you the solution...

Do you use DSDT?

Allan, you know that is not only with DSDT that you can apply Dual Link patch... have EFI String too... anyway we have now 2 options... DSDT or EFI string... choose the best

Good Luck!

Allan, you know that is not only with DSDT that you can apply Dual Link patch... have EFI String too... anyway we have now 2 options... DSDT or EFI string... choose the best

Good Luck!

Thanks for the concern. But I'm just asking.
Does not have problem right?  ;)

Hello

Does not have problem right?  ;)

No... no problem... it was just a advice to remember you that you can patch dual link via EFI String too... Because maybe DSDT mess him system and with EFI String is just necessary generate this and apply, a very clean method.

Good Luck!

Allan, I couldn't understand that post. Maybe too advanced for me :P

Could you help me out here? Maybe guide me step by step?

Thanks a ton!

Run this command in Terminal, and send me the file:

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

Do you test this flag?

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=4

Allan, I have tried the flag already. Says 'non-recoverable error: System HALTED.'
GE=Yes always gives me this error

The other command, I ran it as sudo, but didn't get an output. Where is the output fil created? (if it is created)

llsiddhantll

Hello!

Please put your hardware specs in your signature to get easier proper support. An if you edit the title of your thread by editing the first post with the short signs of your device (e.g HP DV...) more user will see this and could perhaps help you. Many her are ignoring posts here with not specific enough titles.

Have fun.

Hello!

I suggest, that you should change your SMBios version to the one of a MPB 9,1. It is matching your cpu and also your screen, if you set the key EnableDualLink=Yes. Your display specs are not anyway in relation with a retina one.

If you have in your bios gfx options, switch to internal gfx only. Your device is for sure optimus enabled. The Gt 650m does not work and is only disturbing. Have you tried the other Capri IG´s without inserting a property string?

Have fun.

Hey styrian,

I've tried changing the SMBIOS, didn't pan out. Unfortunately, I don't have access to graphics options in my BIOS. I've tried all Capri IDs, none of them work with EnableDualLink=Yes. They either ignore EnableDualLink=Yes or result in a black screen. :/

Yes, I do have Optimus, and I know that interferes, I've tried deleting all Nvidia kexts too, to no avail.

Allan,

I tried your DSDT, boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist. The first time, I saw the full Chameleon bootloader screen with the theme and all, but couldn't boot into OSX. It loaded all kexts, and then restarted. Had to put GraphicsEnabler=No (couldn't even boot in safe mode, so used another Mac) to enable it to boot, but it resulted in a black screen. So I copied the mach_kernel from the USB installer and placed it in /Extra/ and pointed Chameleon to it using Chameleon Wizard. BTW, I use Chameleon-2.1-r2069. So ultimately, I had to revert back to my previous boot.plist in order to make it work. I also tried all your methods on a clean install. Didn't work. What changes did you make to the DSDT? I haven't played around with DSDTs much.

Any other ideas?

Allan,

I tried your DSDT, boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist. The first time, I saw the full Chameleon bootloader screen with the theme and all, but couldn't boot into OSX. It loaded all kexts, and then restarted. Had to put GraphicsEnabler=No (couldn't even boot in safe mode, so used another Mac) to enable it to boot, but it resulted in a black screen. So I copied the mach_kernel from the USB installer and placed it in /Extra/ and pointed Chameleon to it using Chameleon Wizard. BTW, I use Chameleon-2.1-r2069. So ultimately, I had to revert back to my previous boot.plist in order to make it work. I also tried all your methods on a clean install. Didn't work. What changes did you make to the DSDT? I haven't played around with DSDTs much.

Any other ideas?

In your DSDT i enable your GPU. And rename GFX0 to IGPU, and add the ig-platform-id.

But, try this now: DSDT.aml.zip

And update your Chameleon!