OS Mavericks worked... Now it doesn't

bahamut44

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

I have worked on Windows computers for almost 10 years. I'm pretty tech savvy. I've fixed all kinds of Windows problems. I have a pretty nice higher end machine. A friend of mine helped me install OS Mavericks on it. I have Windows 8 (not 8.1) on an SSD and Mavericks on a different, non-SSD hard drive. We installed Mavericks probably around October of last year. I wanted to get more familiar with the Mac OS. Things in life came up and I wasn't able to spend the time I wanted/needed on learning the OS. I haven't booted onto that hard drive since probably November. I've tried a few times over the last week or so. I keep getting the same thing (see attached picture). I had the Mac hard drive unplugged but still mounted in my tower this whole time. So no power was running to it. I have since moved out of state from the friend who helped me. My experience is telling me that the possibility of a re-install is high. I was just curious if there was something that can be done to fix it. If a Windows computer was not turned on or used for months or years, it usually still starts up when it is turned on. What could have happened to make this not work? Can't be an update that I downloaded since it hasn't be on. Maybe I'm missing an update? Same hardware as it was upon install. And same BIOS version as install. I have re-installed Windows on my SSD (Went to Win7 for a game, then back to Win8) could that be part of it? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

System Specs:

ASUS P8Z77-V LK Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU (Overclocked to 4.5ghz with CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler)

CORSAIR TX650M Power Supply

EVGA GTX 660 2GB Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB Memory

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB Hard Drive (Windows 8)

Toshiba MK6476GSX 640 GB laptop hard drive (Mavericks)

SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1 TB Hard Drive (Data drive)

Seagate ST32000542AS 2 TB hard drive (Data/Tech Drive)

SAMSUNG Blu-Ray Reader/DVD-RW Drive

post-1377742-0-92451500-1406061883_thumb.jpg