Struggling to install Mac OS X on Asus P5N-D :(

RJ31337

17 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have been trying for ages to build a Hackintosh from an Asus P5N-D with a Q9550 2.83Ghz Core 2 Quad, 8GB DDR2 800mhz RAM, 1TB SATA HDD and numerous graphics cards including Geforce 8800 GTS and Radeon HD 6450 but can not get the installer to start. I have tried everything I can think of including:-

• Nawcom Mod CD
  • [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & Retail Snow Leopard
  • iAtkos S3 V2
  • Niresh Mavericks
  • iPC 10.5.6 with added AppleNForceATA.kext (Comes up saying uncompresed file is not the recorded length)

I am new to the scene and haven't managed to find any guide that I can use to get this working.

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Hello

Welcome :)

With this Intel C2Q is possible install ML(mountain lion)

I gave to you a solution to install it, please, see that :)

Other thing., i believe this 8800 GTS will work, but i just guess this

Hello

did you enabled AHCI in Bios??? Is necessary to Clover recognize it....

If even enable don't work... try boot with Chameleon... before you get Clover screen... press 1 while cursor blinking and try Chameleon, boot with: -f -v and see if work

Hello Mate, Our BIOS doesn't have an AHCI bios option, and when I tried Chameleon it Kernel Panicked, but unfortuanetly the kernel panic goes out the edges of the screen so wasn't able to see where it failed, but it looked like the exact moment that the Language selection usually comes up

I finally have Leopard partially working. I used ideneb v1.3 and managed to install, it shows up hdds only, no sata dvd and the network detects cables but always gives a 169 address and no internet. Also, I cant seem to get it to upgrade to 10.5.7 which i read on another thread on this forum is needed to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Whenever i try to run the upgrade, it gets about 75% then the screen dulls and a essage appears teling me i need to restart the machine. When it does this, it wont start the OS anymore so i reinstall.