72 replies to this topic

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Hello!

Download from Apple the ComboUpdate 10 8.5, but don´t run the appstore thing. With installing it, nothing bad should happen.

So that's why you wanted ethernet...totally cool!!!! 

You could try to put the lnyx ethernetdirver to trash and install the realtek one. I´ll attach it for you.

After booting you have to configure your network in systempreferences. Try to run the assistent.

Have fun.

Trying it right now.... :help: ...

I just want it to show up "connected" in the Network settings in System preferences.

After that, I think I can manage the DNS and IP settings and stuff..

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Settings should work without static ip and dns or manual settings for ethernet connection, if controller bandwith is not shrinked down.

Have fun.

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Wonderful, the ethernet says "Connected" even without plugging in the cable.

Will buy a cable in a couple of hours to check stuff out.

There is also some news about the graphics...

I messed out with it a bit. Ofc I have backups for the KEXTs I mess with and I could revert all changes.

After you told me that I had a 7-series motherboard (ivy) with a sandybridge processor, I found a guide on tmx86 site :angel:  that says:

OS X gets confused when you run a 2nd generation Core-i "Sandy Bridge" CPU on one of the newer 7-series motherboards instead of a 3rd generation Core-i "Ivy Bridge" CPU, and vice versa. In order to fix this, you need to edit 2 native kext files in Mountain Lion; the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for HD 3000, and the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext for HD 4000. These kexts are part of the native graphics drivers in OS X.

It asked to switch two values 0x1C3A8086 (in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) with 0x1E3A8086 (in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext) and this leads to:

this lets the OS know which framebuffer kext to use

It didn't work with me unfortunately.

It gives me the following error:

ATI card POSTED, reading VBIOS from legacy space.

or something similar.

Removed all AMD, ATI and Nvidia KEXTs.... nothing worked.

Tried many versions of AppleIntelSNBGraphics and framebuffercapri that's out there... nothing worked.

Some of them gave me a different result, they successfully boot into the OS but the screen is full of horizontal white lines, so u cant see anything... I think this could be solved  :)

Thanks alot bro, really having fun  :red_indian:  :chef:

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Try to boot with in Extra folder placed attached DSDT, no gfx enabler, with bootflags -f -v. If it is not working, add lfag -x again. Pleas upload new ioreg report with dsdt.

You can add it also compressed here. (More reply options and then in the left down corner attach files)

Please remove this driver:

com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI (non Apple kext)

This one I have seen the first time. It is for sure not needed and could disturb. Must be anyware in your system, normally in S/L/E.

Have fun.

Attached Files

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Try to boot with in Extra folder placed attached DSDT, no gfx enabler, with bootflags -f -v. If it is not working, add lfag -x again.

Graphics card working now .... don't know which of em (ATI 7670M or HD3000 :P )

Please upload new ioreg report with dsdt.

You can add it also compressed here. (More reply options and then in the left down corner attach files)

Attached down there.

Please remove this driver:

com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI (non Apple kext)

This one I have seen the first time. It is for sure not needed and could disturb. Must be anyware in your system, normally in S/L/E.

Still can't find it  :(

Here are a few pictures:
1- Screensaver working well now.
vy7bT5l.jpg

2- Log-in screen when interrupting screensaver.
9VNaZRV.jpg

3- Desktop with the new wonderful resolution

Hvxwith.jpg
----------------------------
kYrKFDP.jpg

4- Can open folders now without lagging  :D

SLdKARn.jpg

5- Now whenever I bend down the laptop screen, it goes into some sort of standby and gives this orange light instead of green colour. I think that's good  :w00t:

aZFB2c7.jpg

6- Coming back from standby after pressing the power button.

6BW29ad.jpg

Noticed something else  :D :

Keyboard backlight is working as long as i'm typing.

J3ooPzB.jpg

After I stop using the touchpad and leave the laptop for about 15 seconds, the lights turn off:

UEGTADc.jpg

Only if I could modify that, I would love to do 2 things:

1- make the keyboard backlight related to keyboard buttons only, not touchpad.

2- make the time less than 15 seconds.

I have attached the new IOreg.

Attached Files

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Nice to see! Intel HD3000 is working now. For the above mentioned kext, look in MyHack.kext, if you have it installed.

You should have as non Apple.kexts installed: Fakesmc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement.kext, genericusbxhci.kext ,voodoops2.kext and voodooHDA.kext and the Realtek ethnernetkext, that I have uploaded for you. If you have installed these kexts in S/L/E, put Myhack.kext to trash and reboot with flags -f v. Remove also an Extensions.mkext, if you have it in Extra folder.

If you can reach the desktop as before, it is high time to install the mentioned 10 8.5 update, before we get powermanagement fully working.

Edit: Do you have a kext named ATI/AMD/Radeon injektor or enabler.kext. This is the one you should remove. But before you remove the kext, show package content with right click, content and open info.plist with textedit.app and look for digits like com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI. If they are there, then it is for sure the correct one.

Have fun.

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

You should have as non Apple.kexts installed: Fakesmc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement.kext, genericusbxhci.kext ,voodoops2.kext and voodooHDA.kext and the Realtek ethnernetkext, that I have uploaded for you. If you have installed these kexts in S/L/E, put Myhack.kext to trash and reboot with flags -f v. Remove also an Extensions.mkext, if you have it in Extra folder.

If you can reach the desktop as before, it is high time to install the mentioned 10 8.5 update, before we get powermanagement fully working.

Just a moment here, there is one last thing I forgot to tell you  :angel: . I used to have a lot of trouble and wasnt able to boot to the desktop, but after tracking the error messages during boot, I found out that I had to remove those KEXTs:

AppleUSBEHCI.kext (was inside S/L/E/IOUSBFAMILY.kext/contents/plugins)
IO80211Family.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

So right now the USB isn't working with OsX. Is this Ok? Should I upgrade anyways?  :angel:

I have all those KEXTs in my backup folder in linux  B)

Edit: Do you have a kext named ATI/AMD/Radeon injektor or enabler.kext. This is the one you should remove. But before you remove the kext, show package content with right click, content and open info.plist with textedit.app and look for digits like com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI. If they are there, then it is for sure the correct one.

Will track that down  B) I think I saw some name like that.

EDIT1:

-Booted successfully to desktop after removing the "myhack.kext" in S/L/E.

- Can't find that damn KEXT. found something called "ApplePlatformEnabler.kext" but it's not inside.

Still searching for it around the whole partition.

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Some posts up I have asked for the Acpi tables from linux. You have only uploaded the dsdt file but all ssdt files are missing. Could you please upload them too? I want to try to disable your AMD gfx temporary for avoiding gfx problems or you have in the bios the option to switch gfx to internal. If  yes, you should do this anyway.

The problems you are now have, are grown with a tool like MyHack. It is no good idea to use this tool. You get your device relativly fast up and running, but far away from perfect. Issues are very hard to correct. Therefore I had suggested to make a vanilla installer. This is very easy to do task and you have only to install a minimum of kext´s to be able to boot. After having done a clone of the bootable, for sure not perfect but with controlable issues working vanilla install, one is able to complete the install and correct issues in a more simple way. This is ever the same way, not depending on a OSX version or the kind of a compatible device.

Your bluetooth and wifi errors are caused by gfx issues. Please run the command kextstat in terminal and copy the output of terminal window in a textfile and attach it here.

Have fun.

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Some posts up I have asked for the Acpi tables from linux. You have only uploaded the dsdt file but all ssdt files are missing. Could you please upload them too?

My bad, sorry.. attched now.

I want to try to disable your AMD gfx temporary for avoiding gfx problems or you have in the bios the option to switch gfx to internal. If  yes, you should do this anyway.

Unfortunately can't  :( The BIOS has very limited options.

The problems you are now have, are grown with a tool like MyHack. It is no good idea to use this tool. You get your device relativly fast up and running, but far away from perfect. Issues are very hard to correct. Therefore I had suggested to make a vanilla installer. This is very easy to do task and you have only to install a minimum of kext´s to be able to boot. After having done a clone of the bootable, for sure not perfect but with controlable issues working vanilla install, one is able to complete the install and correct issues in a more simple way. This is ever the same way, not depending on a OSX version or the kind of a compatible device.

Yeah, I understood that bro  :yes:

The only reason I used myhack was cuz I tried to restore the original image to USB, but it wasn't bootable. Later on (after I got this system up and running), I found out that I had to install chameleon to make the USB installer bootable.

Your bluetooth and wifi errors are caused by gfx issues. Please run the command kextstat in terminal and copy the output of terminal window in a textfile and attach it here.

Done, and textfile is attached.

Attached Files

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Is your OSX  270 GB GUID partitoned?

Look in S/L/E for Disabler.kext and put it to trash. Outdated PM Disabler.kext for AppleIntelCpuPM. You have also installed nullcpupm.kext. This is enough. Outdated duplicate is not needed.

By the way backlite of your keyboard is activated by bios, if you touch keyboard our touchpad and aslo the time of about 15 sec after last touch. Try if the functiion key to dimm or switch it off is also working. But it is a good sign, that it is working at this stage.

Have fun.

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Hello!

Is your OSX  270 GB GUID partitoned?

Look in S/L/E for Disabler.kext and put it to trash. Outdated PM Disabler.kext for AppleIntelCpuPM. You have also installed nullcpupm.kext. This is enough. Outdated duplicate is not needed.

By the way backlite of your keyboard is activated by bios, if you touch keyboard our touchpad and aslo the time of about 15 sec after last touch. Try if the functiion key to dimm or switch it off is also working. But it is a good sign, that it is working at this stage.

Have fun.

Yup, 270GB GUID.

I can take away any amount of Gigs I want and make it another partition  :yes: Just wanted to make it big so that it can fit all KEXTs and stuff... well.. maybe abit too big.

Alright, let me look for that disabler.kext.

The backlight think is not bad, lets leave it this way. I was really surprised it even worked  :wink_anim:

What about USB now? USB flash drives aren't detected on OsX  :( I have to place stuff on desktop then boot into linux, mount that partition, grab stuff from its users/desktop... then reboot back into OsX  :angel:

EDIT1:

Cant find any KEXT called disabler.kext.

I have the following KEXTs in /extra/extensions, could it be related to one of em?

Ispcidrv.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

I checked their info.plist files, but nothing there says "disabler" or "com.dong.Radeon.PCI"

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Add this to your org.chameleon.boot.plist to deactivate Virtualization, if it is not allready there:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>dart=0</string>

Let´s make a more safe option for you. Split your OSX partiton into two parts. Set the size for the new partition to 80 GB. Then set the new created partiton active and divide it in two partitons a 40 GB. Name one of them Clone and the other one ML. Download Carbon Copy Cloner. place it in App folder of your install and clone the installed OSX to partition clone. Then boot your Clone and install back all removed kexts. I´ll make you a package for a vanilla installer on flashdrive. But first we should be able to switch off your AMD gfx. I have a Lenovo Edge E320 with HD 3000 and AMD 6630m. Even with in Bios set gfx to switchable, I can boot normally with the hd 3000. The AMD one is showing up in system profiler without attached display like on your device.

Til now you have found some visible garbage in your install, but we don´t know how much hidden garbage has been done by creating the installer with MyHack scripts by altering original kexts. I personally don´t use any of these with script automated tools. I show you later on a simple way to create an usb installer with ML in some steps within 30 minutes. But therefore we need a clone and make on it usb working again.

Have fun.

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Ok, will follow all the steps  :) .

But therefore we need a clone and make on it usb working again.

If all you need is an osx with usb enabled... I have vmware workstation on my desktop with osx on it. I can use it to create a vanilla installer if it is possible 

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Fine, but you have anyway to repartiton your OSX install, in the way I have suggested before, get the comboupdate 10 8.5, CCC  and your ML ESD image on your VM-ware workstation. Later on I will have a look at your SSDT files and make a kext package. Copy the attachment to your VM ware App folder. You´ll need it later.

Have fun.

Attached Files

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Hello!

Fine, but you have anyway to repartiton your OSX install, in the way I have suggested before, get the comboupdate 10 8.5, CCC  and your ML ESD image on your VM-ware workstation. Later on I will have a look at your SSDT files and make a kext package. Copy the attachment to your VM ware App folder. You´ll need it later.

Have fun.

Wonderful  :D

I have already partitioned them as you said.

Cloning the current system partition to "Clone" partition.

Side note: the partition on which I have osx now wasn't 270GB... it was ~50GB, while the rest of the 270GB were unallocated  B)

EDIT1:
Downloaded the comboupdate and CCC.

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Let´s try to creat a vanilla ML Installer. But before you do this, rename your Extra folder on your temporary used Chameleon Bootstick to Extra-Bak and copy over the complete Extra folder from my package on it. Add your SMBios.plist to the new extra folder. I have tried with DSDT to switch of your AMD gfx-card. Boottime should be, if it works correctly nearly the same as before, perhaps some sec longer. Look in IORegestry Explorer if PEG0 has gone. If this is correctly working or at least, you can normally boot wth the new DSDT, then start the creation of the installer.

It is nearly the same as in this guide, but a bit shorter and in some points a bit differing. You can look at the pictures to clear up things: http://www.insanelym...-for-mavericks/

1. Copy InstallESD.dmg to desktop of working OSX.

2. Use ShowHiddenfiles.app to make hidden files visible.

3. Mount InstallESD.dmg.

4. In mounted image right click open on OSX BaseSystem.dmg to mount it.

5. Fire up diskutility and repartiton your at least 8 GB usb flashdrive in MBR format, one partition, hfs+, renamed to USB.

6. Select menue restore in diskutility and drag OSX BaseSystem.dmg (left down corner) to source and your USB drive to target, Run restore.

7. After finished process, right click on the as source selected OSX BaseSystem.dmg and choose eject. Then close diskutility.

8. Do a right click information on OSX BaseSystem.dmg on desktop to proof, if it is the renamed usb stick with 8 GB. Rename the stick to Installer.

9. Open Installer and navigate to System/Installation. Put there the packages alias to trash and then create a folder Packages.

10. Copy the complete content of InstallESD.dmg/Packages/ folder to the new created folder Packages of your usb Installer.

11. Copy mach_kernel from InstallESD.dmg to the root of your usb installer.

12. Copy all kexts of folder Vaio of my package to S/L/E of your usb installer.

13. Fire up chameleon and do a standard install on your new usb installer.

13. Copy the complete content of my package (without the packfolder) to the root of your usb-installer. Add your currently used SMBios.plist to Extra folder.

14. Place CCC in postinstall/App/ folder and OSX 10 8.5 comboupdate to the root of your USB-installer.

15. Boot your Vaio with USB-installer with flags -f -v (not working add flag -x), bypass the Bluetooth search, if it is appering, by pressing space of your laptop keyboard, select prepared partiton "ML" to install OSX.

16. After install has finished, boot once again with your installer with flags --f -v to the install screen and fire up terminal. Type the folllowing commands:

cp -R /Vaio/*.kext /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions/

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions

Additional for proofing, if kexts are in place:

cd /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions/

ls

Then you should find there the kexts of your Vaio folder added.

17. Reboot with your usbInstaller with flags -f -v to your hdd ML install and finish installation with bypassing all of the Apple services.

18. After you have reached desktop, copy the Apps of postinstall to your Application folder. I´personally create always a folder with name Tools to place my Hacktools.

19. Copy over from volume ML S/L/E  IONetworkingFamily.kext to desktop, show package content with right click and add in PlugIns folder the ethernet kext of my package. Then install it back to S/L/E with your preffered kextutility. Install also the AGPM kexts of my package to S/L/E. Reboot with flags -f -v.

19. If you are able to boot successfully your new installation, erase the content of your Clone partiton and clone ML to it.

I´ll hope my suggestions are clear enough for you to follow them.

Have fun.

Attached Files

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Instructions are a 100% clear  :)

It's just I am gonna be really busy today and tomorrow, so I am gonna do it first thing Wednesday morning  :angel:

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Hello!

Please do your more important tasks first. Hackintoshing should be just for fun. Report back, if there is any progress with my package, when you have had the time for trying it. ;)

Have fun.

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Hello!

Please do your more important tasks first. Hackintoshing should be just for fun. Report back, if there is any progress with my package, when you have had the time for trying it. ;)

Have fun.

Exactly bro, I'm really glad that we agree on that  :w00t:

I'm workin on it right now

Green_orange

Green_orange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Followed all the steps and now I have the ultimate USB installer  :D

But when starting the install ("-f -v"), it gives me this:

CckjH4N.jpg

Tried "GraphicsEnabler=No". That only gave me separate lines instead of white lines.

hKzmy9f.jpg

"-x" also fails.

I remember having such errors before, but can't really recall how I resolved it. Maybe by removing other graphics Kexts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy