Touchpad and Keyboard not working after installing stock ML

73 posts in this topic

Hi there  :)

I have a Sony Vaio E-series laptop (SVE14A) and I am trying to install OS X on it.

I got the original dmg and booted it from a USB on Legacy mode on my laptop.

I managed to install it without any problems, the touchpad and keyboard were working fine.

After the installation, I booted it up using Clover bootloader, it loaded up fine and I set the language and region fine then got to the desktop.

The touchpad then was working but the buttons and taps were not working. the keyboard seemed to be not working too.

I pressed the power button on my laptop, it asked me to shutdown and I pressed enter.... it shutdown  :P, so the keyboard was working  :D

So I booted on UEFI mode on my laptop and booted up my linux distro, then mounted the partition on which I installed OS X (/dev/sda8 in this case). I went into S/L/E and added some KernelEXTension called "Voodoo PS2" (as I have googled it and found it useful to some ppl).

Rebooted into legacy mode again, only to find that the keyboard and touchpad are totally dead now.  :dev:

Rebooted again into UEFI mode  to my linux, then removed the "Voodoo PS2 controller.kext". Then rebooted into Legacy again. Found the keyboard and touch pad dead again  :(  :(

Here is what I tried:

Tried a couple of KEXTs that are related to PS2, but none worked. Didn't put 2 KEXTs at the same time, had to delete each and replace with another.

Tried 2 USB mouses and a USB keyboard, none worked.

Tried booting using "EHCIhard=Yes" flag, didn't work.

So Now I'm stuck with a working OSX but without touchpad or keyboard  :cry:

Can't even enter my password.

Any suggestions?

Thanks  :w00t:  :w00t:

Intel Core i5-2450M Processor 2.50 GHz (intel HD 300 inside :fiery: )

8GB ram

AMD Radeon HD7670M 1GB video card

Back-lit keyboard (don't know if this matters)

640GB Western Digital HDD

hello

first u need to know what brand are ur trackpad .. and use a proper ps2 kext

u should boot in verbose mode to see msg about ur problems

good hack

Not really sure about the brand. I think it has 'Synaptics' or something in its name.

Is just copying the KEXT to the S/L/E directory enough? Or do I have to register them or something?

Will boot in verbose and copy the message here.

Thanks for the help 

Hello!

With linux to S/L/E copied kexts cann`t work. You have to install them on OSX by terminal or by using a kextutility.

But you could now try, to boot your legacy installer and repair with diskutility the permissions of your installed partition. Then reboot with flags -f -v.

For a synaptic kext, voodoops2.kext seems to wörk for you, google with arguments "Rehabman voodoops2" and follow his instructions on github for installing the package.

Have fun.

Hello!

With linux to S/L/E copied kexts cann`t work. You have to install them on OSX by terminal or by using a kextutility.

But you could now try, to boot your legacy installer and repair with diskutility the permissions of your installed partition. Then reboot with flags -f -v.

For a synaptic kext, voodoops2.kext seems to wörk for you, google with arguments "Rehabman voodoops2" and follow his instructions on github for installing the package.

Have fun.

I have the voodoops2 KEXT on my linux, already downloaded it  :) 

Will try the 'fix permissions' thing now and come back in a few minutes.

But I don't think it will work cuz I found this on support.apple.com:

Does Disk Utility check permissions on all files?

Files that aren't installed as part of an Apple-originated installer package are not listed in a receipt and therefore are not checked. For example, if you install an application using a non-Apple installer application, or by copying it from a disk image, network volume, or other disk instead of installing it via Installer, a receipt file isn't created. This is expected. Some applications are designed to be installed in one of those ways.

Also, certain files whose permissions can be changed during normal usage without affecting their function are intentionally not checked.

Tip: If you remove receipts from /Library/Receipts/, the files installed by those packages cannot be verified or repaired, which is why you shouldn't delete things from /Library/Receipts/ . See Disk Utility shows a "No Valid Packages" alert.

styrian You're a boss  B)

Fixed the permissions through the installer USB, and now the osx boots (using the flags "-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No"... wont work without turning off the graphics enabler).

Currently, the keyboard is working.

Touchpad is not totally working cuz it moves fine but wont click (neither clicking on buttons nor tapping the touchpad works).

Here is a pic:

baaW6kF.jpg

There is something I noticed... when hovering over the icons down there, they dont jump out like the OsX normally does  :( Could this point out to something?

Smflz9g.jpg

Hello!

The correct way to fix permissions is the following:

Boot with your install flash drive and fix permission with terminal:

Typ this two commands and then reboot with flags -f -v:

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Extensions

To remove the kernel chache:

rm -R /Volumes/"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

To remove a kext:

rm -r /"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Extensions/xxxxxxxx.kext

(replace xxxxxxxxx with the name of the kext, you wish to remove)

What I have notifed, that you are using a clompete wrong SMBios personalitiy for your install. This personality is either machting your cpu nor your gfx-card. I don´t know, where you have got it from to use this one or who has suggested it to you to  use it.

The most important thing is, that the smbios personalitiy should match your cpu as near as possible. I suggest, that you should hand over the SMbios to the one of a MBP 8,1. That this one has only the HD 3000 and no other gfx-card does not disturb at the moment to get your gfx card recognized. It is only releated with AGPM. But this could be fixed in a relativly easy way.

Nice that the hint I have given, had worked for the moment. The correct way to do such tasks, I have written here.

Have fun.

Hello!

The correct way to fix permissions is the following:

Boot with your install flash drive and fix permission with terminal:

Typ this two commands and then reboot with flags -f -v:

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Extensions

To remove the kernel chache:

rm -R /Volumes/"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

To remove a kext:

rm -r /"Name of the partition  with installed OSX"/System/Library/Extensions/xxxxxxxx.kext

(replace xxxxxxxxx with the name of the kext, you wish to remove)

What I have notifed, that you are using a clompete wrong SMBios personalitiy for your install. This personality is either machting your cpu nor your gfx-card. I don´t know, where you have got it from to use this one or who has suggested it to you to  use it.

The most important thing is, that the smbios personalitiy should match your cpu as near as possible. I suggest, that you should hand over the SMbios to the one of a MBP 8,1. That this one has only the HD 3000 and no other gfx-card does not disturb at the moment to get your gfx card recognized. It is only releated with AGPM. But this could be fixed in a relativly easy way.

Nice that the hint I have given, had worked for the moment. The correct way to do such tasks, I have written here.

Have fun.

Thanks bro, will do as said.

I don't really understand the SMBios part, but I will do some research on that topic and will work my way through it (I guess :ninja:  )

Hello!

For getting your 7670m working look at this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294018-toshiba-l850-7670m-lvds-problems/?p=1969737

If I remember it correct, one of the users here has got the 7670m working on a vaio with the help of other members without sharing the working config afterwards.

This user is does typical cherry picking and backing with them his own biscuits anywhere without sharing a crumb of them with the community after having gotten help here. :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

Have fun.

Hello!

For getting your 7670m working look at this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294018-toshiba-l850-7670m-lvds-problems/?p=1969737

If I remember it correct, one of the users here has got the 7670m working on a vaio with the help of other members without sharing the working config afterwards.

This user is does typical cherry picking and backing with them his own biscuits anywhere without sharing a crumb of them with the community after having gotten help here. :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

Have fun.

Thanks for the help bro  :hyper: 

Don't worry about me doing that  :dev: . I'm intending to make a guide with the exact steps I have taken to get this thing up and running.. If u could tell me the section in which I should make the guide, this would be awesome

Hello!

I have  for sure not meant you, but the other very egoistic, thankless nothing sharing guy. :yes:

Have fun.

Thanks bro.

You've been really helpful  :santa:  I really appreciate it.

I'm still working on it, managed to track some of the KEXTs causing conflict at:

/Extra/Extensions

Hello!

Starting with 10 8.0 ther should not exit an Extension folder in Extra. Also you should not create  an mkext...... All necessary kexts have to be installed in S/L/E.

Can you tell me please, which SMBIOS Clover is recognizing for your hardware? You have written something about, that you have one. You have just to remove with a plisteditor the smbios part from the config.plist and boot from it til the selection screen is arrived. There navigate to options with arrow keys, enter them and then the smbios configuration. You find there the recognized mac device. Let me please know it. I´ll wil then try to make the needed legacy kexts for you. And also mportant for you is, to get an valid sn nummer for your fake apple mainboard. Note the one, showing up in the by clover recognized SMBios. You will need a valid one for working AGPM and also my be for using Apple services.

If you run the patch on appleac..... save the original one before for later usage.

Have fun.

Starting with 10 8.0 ther should not exit an Extension folder in Extra. Also you should not create  an mkext...... All necessary kexts have to be installed in S/L/E.

Yup, I realized that after tens of trials and errors  :graduated:

I don't really know why it exists, I think it's cuz I installed from USB.

Can you tell me please, which SMBIOS Clover is recognizing for your hardware? You have written something about, that you have one. You have just to remove with a plisteditor the smbios part from the config.plist and boot from it til the selection screen is arrived. There navigate to options with arrow keys, enter them and then the smbios configuration. You find there the recognized mac device. Let me please know it. I´ll wil then try to make the needed legacy kexts for you. And also mportant for you is, to get an valid sn nummer for your fake apple mainboard. Note the one, showing up in the by clover recognized SMBios. You will need a valid one for working AGPM and also my be for using Apple services.

If you run the patch on appleac..... save the original one before for later usage.

Have fun.

I don't really know about this... will check it out and reply in 10 minutes.

I'm using Chameleon instead of Clover now btw.

All I know till now is that I have the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" in the /Extra folder.

I'm downloading a pList editor right now, will transfer it by USB and install it on the laptop's OSX. Will check it and come back.

Alright, here is how it went...

I looked at Chameleon's plist (org.chameleon.Boot.plist) but didn't find any reference to the SMBios.

So, I got clover on a USB and tried to boot from it.

It detected MBP 8.1 just like u said  :thumbsup_anim:  but unfortunately, it didn't boot to the desktop, it took me back to the clover screen.

Tried it again, and it restarted the laptop.

I haven't run any patch on AppleAC

EDIT:

After taking a look in S/L/E, I found two KEXTs I think are responsible for faking the SMB:

AppleSMBIOS.kext & smbfs.kext

Also there is fakesmc.kext in the /Extra

Hello!

AppleSMBIOS.kext and smbfs.kext have nothing to do with faking a SMBIOS. These are original Apple ones. Please leave them untouched, where they are.

But the fakesmc.kex is as basis needed for emulating the environment to be able to run OSX on PC hardware. Also it is essentail. But it has not to be in Extra, install it to S/L/E and remove it from Extra.

I think your ethernet is a Realtek one. Look at realtek downloads for the OSX 10.7 kext. It is for me still working without any issues up to 10.9.3. Later on I will edit some files, you need. But here it is very late or better very early and I am a bit tiered. I think at this moment, that I should go to bed.

Good night.

Hello!

AppleSMBIOS.kext and smbfs.kext have nothing to do with faking a SMBIOS. These are original Apple ones. Please leave them untouched, where they are.

But the fakesmc.kex is as basis needed for emulating the environment to be able to run OSX on PC hardware. Also it is essentail. But it has not to be in Extra, install it to S/L/E and remove it from Extra.

I think your ethernet is a Realtek one. Look at realtek downloads for the OSX 10.7 kext. It is for me still working without any issues up to 10.9.3. Later on I will edit some files, you need. But here it is very late or better very early and I am a bit tiered. I think at this moment, that I should go to bed.

Good night.

Alright, Will grab the realtek and will transfer the fakesmc to the S/L/E directory.

Good night bro.  :bye:

Hello!

Here are the promised files in the attachment. To make the things a bit easier, I have prepared the LegacyAGPM and Platformkext (all credits to Master Chief for the original ones) to exclude unwished influence in the acpi powermanagement and AGPM by the original SMBios of MBP 8,1. It is based on this personality with added and needed AGPM of MBP 8,2. I have named the faked SMBios with MBP 8,5. But attention. You have to, when needed, generate serial nummers for a MBP 8,1. You have only to copy the SMBios.plist in Extra and install the two kexts to S/L/E.

By the way, how large is your existing OSX partion and GUID partioning? Have you free space on the hdd or an other System installed?

Have fun.

Green-orange.zip

Hello!

Here are the promised files in the attachment. To make the things a bit easier, I have prepared the LegacyAGPM and Platformkext (all credits to Master Chief for the original ones) to exclude unwished influence in the acpi powermanagement and AGPM by the original SMBios of MBP 8,1. It is based on this personality with added and needed AGPM of MBP 8,2. I have named the faked SMBios with MBP 8,5. But attention. You have to, when needed, generate serial nummers for a MBP 8,1. You have only to copy the SMBios.plist in Extra and install the two kexts to S/L/E.

By the way, how large is your existing OSX partion and GUID partioning? Have you free space on the hdd or an other System installed?

Have fun.

Wonderful bro  :afro:  That was totally awesome. Will try them right away.

I don't think it will be problem to generate serial numbers for MBP8.1, I remember I reading how to somewhere :borg: .

As for the partitioning and systems, I have the OSX on /dev/sda8  B) , so that means I have 7 partitions before the OsX partition.

Some of them are NTFS  ........ for laptop's OEM recovery (windows repairing tools coming from the factory) and for EFI booting.

Some of them are NTFS  ........ for windows 7 installation and my windows 7 programs, files, games and stuff.

3 of them are EXT4 .......... for linux installation.

Last one is HFS+ (journaled) .......... for OsX. (~270GB).

I will get u a picture of the partitioning schema.

As for the booting... I have two modes in the BIOS as u know.. UEFI and Legacy.

UEFI boots me into something called "REFIned" (some bootloader like clover and chameleon), from which I can choose windows or linux  :dev:, but of course REFIned gives me an error if I try to boot OsX from it, because its bootloader is not EFI based.

Legacy boots me into an error "Operating system not found". But I plug in the USB with chameleon, then boot into OsX.

I noticed this new line while using verbose:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

EDIT:

Also noticed something else:

right now there is a line that says 

synced /var/db

It used to say

unable to find /var/db

or something like that 

EDIT2:

IntelFramebufferCapri Class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate; Kext com.apple.driver. appleintelSNBGraphicsFB already has a class by that name
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

Hello!

The first output is normal at the stage of your install.

The second one is also normal and has no effects.

The third one "IntelFramebufferCapri Class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate" indicates, that you have the kext twice. One original one, installed with system and a second one, done by your install. Try to find the second one and put it to trash. It you are not sure, that you choose the correct one, create a folder on desktop, name it e.g. backup, and copy the kext before putting it to trash, in this folder. Reboot with ignoring caches If everythin has gone well, the last told output should have gone.

Do you have a not needed usb hdd, which you can reformat?

Have fun.

The third one "IntelFramebufferCapri Class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate" indicates, that you have the kext twice. One original one, installed with system and a second one, done by your install. Try to find the second one and put it to trash. It you are not sure, that you choose the correct one, create a folder on desktop, name it e.g. backup, and copy the kext before putting it to trash, in this folder. Reboot with ignoring caches If everythin has gone well, the last told output should have gone.

Alright, will trace it down.

But what about 'SNB did not show up, unload' ??

Do you have a not needed usb hdd, which you can reformat?

Yes I have one  :wink_anim:

Have fun.

You too bro  :afro:

Hello!

I suggest  to create a vanilla installer with your current installation and install osx on the usb disk. What you essantailly need for this is an untouched ESD image or the aapstore Installer. I will help you by doing this.

Have fun.

Hello!

I suggest  to create a vanilla installer with your current installation and install osx on the usb disk. What you essantailly need for this is an untouched ESD image or the aapstore Installer. I will help you by doing this.

Have fun.

I had this same ML2 on a Virtual machine using VMware workstation.

I used it to create the USB installer from the untouched ESD using a utility called "myhack".

But its Ok, I can do it again if u think it could be better