If you have trouble with Intel HD4600...

uglyJoe

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

GA H81M-HD3 with Core i3 and HD4600, ozmosis with patched dsdt for hdmi audio.

I managed to install Yosemite with a Nvidia GK with no problems but I ran into trouble with HD4600 installed only.

After hours of reading and testing I found a solution here in the forum.

I replaced the AppleIntelAzulFramebuffer.kext on the Install-Stick with the one posted there http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/page-5?do=findComment&comment=2039853 

After installing Yosemite, the first reboot goes to Mavericks to replace the installed frame buffer again. Then I boot to Yosemite using SaveMode, repair permissions and do a 'kextload AppleIntelAzulFramebuffer.kext'. Cache was rebuilding an the PC reboots.

Now it was possible to boot to Yosemite and finish the installation.

After updating to DP3 I have to replace Framebuffer again.

All done :)

But... I still can't boot into the recovery partition because of the frame buffer issue :(

Then I played around with serval bios settings and monitor setups to match the correct frame buffer and found a workaround for me.

If I connect my monitor via VGA and DVI, the first framebuffer (VGA) crashes but the second (DVI) runs well :)

So, if the last you read is "dsmos has arrived" before your monitor goes blank and you are on IntelHD, you can try installing and updating Yosemite with VGA and DVI connected and then replace the frame buffer with the one posted by user MiniHack.

HDMI Audio is working too with patched AppleHDA.kext from 10.9.3 and framebuffer patched (thanks toleda).

Have Fun

P.S.: and sorry for the topic, I pressed return for the damned autocorrection ... maybe a admin can change this to something  more meaningful.

• Like 1

Glad to see the workaround is helping....next though we need to give enough info to the dev.s (i.e. people who know what they are doing!) to be able to sort this out properly. Seems this is a widespread enough impact and that maybe the final version will still have these issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Public Beta 1 - the same procedure.

But the 'VGA-Trick' has to extend -  I got some kind of pixel disorder on the DVI during the second part of the installation.

To cure this, I connect a second Monitor via HDMI and the framebuffer on the DVI looks fine again.

Maybe it has something to do with the HDMI-Audio edits in my dsdt?

First off all, I'm very happy to have what I have and my HDMI-Audio is working fine (10.9.4 and 10.10 (framebuffer from DP2)) -- thank you for your great work and for sharing it.

I think, not specially the VGA but rather the FIRST framebuffer crashes.

If I only connect the DVI, the PC restarts immediately after 'DSMOS has arrived'.

If I connect both, the first framebuffer crashes and the second got a connection.

May this behaviour comes with renaming and inserting devices inside the dsdt and the yosemite framebuffer is more sensitive for this kind of changes?

Have Fun

What happens when you boot in normal mode, without the -s -v boot arguments, and the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from DP5?

Also check the value of AAPL,DisplayPipe because that is 00 00 00 00 with the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from DP2, and all other versions of OS X, but 01 00 00 00 with the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from DP5. Can you confirm this?

What happens when you boot in normal mode, without the -s -v boot arguments, and the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from DP5?

Didn't done a test with dp5 but dp3, dp4, and pb1 crashes.

"AAPL,DisplayPipe" for frambuffer@0 in 10.9.4 and 10.10 pb1 (dp2) is 00 00 00 00

I will check 10.10 with original frambuffer form pb1 later...

Edit: the original frambuffer form pb1 comes with 01 00 00 00

Edited by uglyJoe

• 1 month later...