ga-x79-up5 SAS connectors not recognize hard disks!

fmnardone

4 posts in this topic

Hi, my motherboard ga-x79-up5 had 8-SAS CONNECTORS, i install maverick 10,9,3

i connect 8 hard disk SATA, in the SAS Connnectors, the problem is the HDs in the finder didnt appears, in the disk utility didnt appears.

someone tell me that i need to install some KEXT for SAS CONNECTORS, but i dont find then.

the SAS CONNECTORS had chispset Intel C606.

ANYONE can help me?

thank you very much.

Hallo

I you have AHCI in Sata mode in Bios? If yes, enable it...

But just a question: These 8 HDD are in RAID mode???

Please don't duplicate post... no have sense make this... choose just one and follow. Thank you :)

Edited by PimentelX86

I have had a similar issue. Do you know if they appeared in a earlier version of Mavericks. I have a Dell SAS6/IR SAS controller which is really an LSI 1068e chipset. It worked perfectly in 10.9.1 but not in 10.9.4(could be the same issue on 10.9.3). If it did show up in an earlier version of mavericks then what you need to do is replace your AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.9.1. 

If your SAS drives are in raid mode and not Fusion drives then I would have a look at this topic.

Also it would help if you provided the chipset of the SAS controller as intel doesn't make their own SAS chips in some cases it is a rebranded chip from a different manufacture.