So my 2006 1,1 MacPro is now rock'n! thanx to the Boot32.efi patch, it's running 10.9.4 very nicely...
- 32GB RAM
- upgraded Woodcrest CPUs to dual Quads @ 2.26GHz
- 2 x 10K Raptors (stripe boot) (using the 2 spare SATA ports)
- 4 x 2TB Seagate SATAs in the 4 stand bays
- GTX420M (VGA, DVI & HDMI)
- Silicon Image 2 port eSATA
- BlackMagic Decklink Extreme 3D
It's a very capable FCX rig for any non-professional (a.k.a I don't earn money from this rig anymore)
I just bought a Samsung U28D590D whick is a 4K monitor and has 2 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort.
The DisplayPort is plugged into my QuoComputer gaming rig that's using two Titans to drive the 4K monitor.
So, I'm wondering how I can use the remaining two HDMI ports on the monitor for the MacPro.
I see two possible ways:
- Buy a new GPU that has dual HDMI or 1 x HDMI and 1 x mDP and use an active mDP --> HDMI adapter. The Samsung U28D590D supports PictureByPicture (PBP), which is 1920px x 2160px resolution, and so I'm wondering if I can find a PC card that can do this. or
- Buy a PC GPU that has DP 1.2 capable of running 3840px x 2160px @ 60Hz with Mac OS X 10.9.4
I'm not really keen on buying a geniune Mac card to achive this due to the high prices (plus they "claim" 2006 MacPros aren't supported)
Has anyone else got 4K running on their older MacPros? if so, please do share...