5 replies to this topic

jasjeet

jasjeet

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Hi

I have an old HDD with the Win 8 bootloader still present (all OS files deleted however, just not formatted drive), and by accident it booted up and started a repair *facepalm*.

After this my SSD which had Clover installed with a UEFI Boot to Yosemite and Windows 7 fails to work. It just boots straight into Windows 7 without bringing up the Clover Bootlader. I think the partition may not be active anymore? It seems like the Windows 7 Bootloader is getting priority. Im booting the SSD via UEFI.

I used my old SSD to bootup Mavericks and install Clover back to my Yosemite SSD, but it didnt work.

Any ideas how i can get Clover back?

Thanks

jasjeet

jasjeet

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I have just started over, removed the pesky Windows 8 Recovery and EFI partition now.

Ive decided to use 2 SSDs, Windows 7 on one and Yosemite on the other.

Is it possible to boot Clover in UEFI and then boot Windows 7 Legacy? Currently it just hangs on the blinking cursor.

ghoys

ghoys

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Up! Up!

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Go to BIOS and add Clover boot option, move it to first.

Or you can rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

jasjeet

jasjeet

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I ended up putting Win 7 on one SSD and Yosemite on another SSD. And i deleted the EFI partition of the Win 8 HDD so it won't ever cause a problem again. Windows 8 what a POS.

ghoys

ghoys

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I fixed this problem. This my very simple guide. With ESP partition http://www.hackintos...ir/#entry107392

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy