DP2 install ok, boot ok, but welcome screen not shown

Fabiuzi

7 posts in this topic

I'v installed DP2 through the USB stick method of MacPWN. Everything went fine and very fast. Making the USB stick cost around 45 minutes, the DP2 installation was 10 min. Once you have the USB installation ready, you can try many different boot options, so far for me with no luck :(

I booted into DP2 through USB - which contains Clover 2747 - and a progressbar was shown. When it reaches the middle, first a white-grey screen is showed, then a normal grey screen is showed together with the mouse pointer. The apple menu bar is showed, but no labels. After a few seconds the menu bar dissapears and nothing happens. Every half minute the menu bar reappears and disappears. Here is where I'm stuck.

What i've tried

• different boot options: -s -f -x kext-dev-mode=1 (Always present) GraphicsEnabler IGPEnabler, USBBusFix npci ...
  • different installation options: When installing with MacPWN some options are presented
  • BIOS: IGPU boots first, CSM disabled, virtualisation disabled, XMP 1600 MHz, BIOS F14 (Z77X-UD5H), boot from USB 2 port
  • Installed Clover 2747 with different options onto the hard disk, also with dedicated EFI partition

When I reach the grey screen, the resolution is clearly 1920x1080. I suppose graphically everything is OK.

When using -v there are no specific error messages. If I try other boot options, for instance trying another combination of UEFI64 bit drivers for Clover, the boot process hangs with FireWire GUID 000000000000 is invalid! and I have to reboot...

I was wondering if anyone with the same mobo or slightly different mobo (Z77 series) was able to clean install dp2, or if you find another way: please share.

Right now i'm staying with ML2, which is fully working. But yose looks so nice I'm very unpatient to boot into it :angel:

Help ^_^

What wat yours Options when you created USB installer. if you are using Clover bootloader then dont select the option kernel. Because Kernel is needed when we use chameleon. Unselect kernel and mbr patch. This worked for me. hope this will work for you. :)

• Like 1

Hey I installed succesfully OS X Yosemite 10.10 Beta 3 on my Notebook

But when I want to boot it after the install for the first time it just shows me a gray screen and I can move my Mouse.

Nothing else. The installation was no problem at all. Maybe a bit lagging with mouse and so on.

But no problem to start. directly booted only Boot Tag "kext-dev-mode=1".

I tried Clover and Chameleon. both same results.

Notebook Name: Schencker P502 Pro

CPU: Intel Core i7-3720QM - 2,60 - 3,60GHz 6MB 45W "Ivy Bridge"

Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M 4096MB GDDR5 | TDP: 100W (NOT WORKING IN MAVERICKS)

Intel HD 4000 (NO PROBLEM IN MAVERICKS)

RAM: 16GB (2x8192) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz CORSAIR Vengeance

SSD: 512GB SATA-III SSD Crucial RealSSD M4 (CT512M4SSD2)

WLAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

2nd Mavericks

3rd fresh Install of Yosemite Beta 3 with MacPwn 1.4

MacPwn config:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34824256/Bildschirmfoto%202014-07-22%20um%2013.20.39.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Direct boot (only kext-dev-mode=1) hangs in the middle

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34824256/2014-07-22%2012.12.43.jpg

booting with "-s kext-dev-mode=1"

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34824256/2014-07-22%2012.22.52.jpg

/dev/rdisk0s4 (NO WRITE)

goes on and says somewhere FakeSMC.kext wrong permissions

But I can not fix them

Tried this:

1. fsck -fy
2. mount -uw /
3. chmod -R 775 /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
4. chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
5. cp -R /kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
6. kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
7. cp -R /volumes/MacPwn/kexts/’FakeSMC.kext’ /Volumes/Y/System/Library/Extensions

resultet in this:

Booting with "-v kext-dev-mode=1"

FIRST This for a second

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34824256/2014-07-22%2012.25.29.jpg

THEN This

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34824256/2014-07-22%2012.25.43.jpg

Can move mouse here but nothing else happens

Waited more than ten minutes

removed USB Mouse etc nothing worked

------------------------------------------------------------------

Masi5192 did you place FAKESMC.kext at the right place? without this.. you cant load your osx. because this is the only compulsary kext you need for a hackintosh.

try installing without option "my graphics card is not supported"

Or you can try with these steps copy kexts for your graphics card into other folder. and then try installing it.. this should work as it worked for me.

another way is you can install dp2 first. then apply update. this is also a good way...

Masi5192 did you place FAKESMC.kext at the right place? without this.. you cant load your osx. because this is the only compulsary kext you need for a hackintosh.

try installing without option "my graphics card is not supported"

Or you can try with these steps copy kexts for your graphics card into other folder. and then try installing it.. this should work as it worked for me.

another way is you can install dp2 first. then apply update. this is also a good way...

Hey, 

yeah but I do not know if FakeSMC.kext is installed it correctly.

I already tried it without "my graphics card is not supported"

But it did not change.

I do not understand how the installation works so perfectly

but the First boot after it not.

what is different from the installation, should be the same should it not?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34824256/2014-07-27%2022.26.27.jpg

I get this Problem if copying FakeSMC.kext directly in the installer with Terminal

during first boot after install

No kext installed and so on. Just the first boot.