Need help with CCC cloning one hackintosh to another.

7 posts in this topic

Hey, 

I made a CCC clone of one OS on one hackintosh and put it onto a formatted partition on another hackintosh. I didn't expect it to be that easy though since both hackintoshs do not share the same hardware. I then installed the bootloader and the appropriate DSDT for my motherboard.

This is what I'm getting at boot. I'm sure I'm very obviously missing something crucial. 

The hackintosh I cloned:

Motherboard: MSI Z77 Thunderbolt atx Motherboard w/ usb 3.0 and Sata III

Intel i7 3770k 4-Core (8-core) 3.5GHz CPU LGA1155 Socket (Newest Generation CPU) 

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2047MB

The hackintosh I want to put the clone onto:

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3

Intel Core i7-2600K

ASUS EAH6850

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

post-750475-0-42660200-1405384539_thumb.jpg

post-750475-0-45445800-1405384553_thumb.jpg

The first picture showing it dying at Bluetooth indicates a graphic problem as that is what loads next second seems to be pro tools related if Google is any indication on it. You should make sure that you are correctly injecting your changed to ATI from nvidia card in the new machine and uninstall the pro tools. Boot the new drive in old machine make the changes shutdown and transfer to new machine probably the best way to do this.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=com.digidesign.iokit.DigiDal+kernel+panic&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&gbv=1

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I fully understand. What do you mean by correctly injecting? I'm also not sure what you mean by booting the new drive in the old machine and then making the changes. 

There must be something simple I'm missing in order to get this up and running.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I fully understand. What do you mean by correctly injecting? I'm also not sure what you mean by booting the new drive in the old machine and then making the changes. 

There must be something simple I'm missing in order to get this up and running.

ATI and Nvidia cards can have different methods of getting the graphics to work, all of the methods of getting these things to work involve injecting the correct information into the operating systems device tree at boot time. That is what I mean you need to ensure you have it done right so it will work in new changed machine. The simplest way to make the changes you need to do is by cloning the old machine to new drive then boot up that new drive in the old machine make the changes you need for it to work on new machine then shutdown take drive put it into new where hopefully the changes made work and it boots.

Thanks again for your reply. 

I guess the problem is, I'm not 100% sure of all of the changes I would have to make in order to get it fully up and running. I could uninstall Pro Tools, but I'm sure there must be other things. 

Also, I should let you know (in case this helps you help me) that on the computer I want to put the clone onto, I have another bootable backup of the system that is currently on there on a completely separate drive. This allows me to boot into that system and access the problematic cloned drive to make any changes ie: install the proper DSDT, boot plist, remove or add kexts etc...

So far I have installed the proper DSDT for my motherboard. I even tried to use the same boot plist from the system that does boot up fine in that computer. 

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks so much.

When you boot the 'new' computer, when the count down bar appears hit the space bar to pause the boot then type "-v -f GraphicsEnabler=yes" (without the quotes) then tap Return. If that stops at the same point reboot and enter the same commands except set GE=no.

Your primary problem on the 'new' computer is video. The OS must recognize the video card and load the drivers for that card. there are different techniques used for ATI cards than for Nvidia (different 'inject' methods). You need to find what works for your video card.

Once video works you will likely need different kexts for audio and ethernet and will probably need to change the Mac model number to match the different CPU.

When I begin a new Hack I normally start with a clone of a working Hack. While the HD is still connected to the 'doner' machine i adjust the kexts model number and boot plist to reflect what I suspect is required for the new configuration. If I am lucky the HD boots first time in the new computer!

Hey there, 

Thanks for the reply.

I tried booting with both -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No and both came back with what looks like a lot of kext issues?

I should also say again that I do have access to the cloned system drive as I can boot from another OS system in the same computer I'm trying to put the cloned one in. So I could essentially make any changed to the kexts, plists etc... I hope that helps.

Thanks.

post-750475-0-86723100-1405491423_thumb.jpg