Automatically starting up after shutdown

YoMuS

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

Running Yosemite DP3 for a few days without any glitches, beside one that never happened to me ever since Tiger.

When I shutdown the computer, it actually stops, but two seconds later it's on again.

Using chameleon with a well patched dsdt and only fakesmc and hdaenabler + applehda non-vanilla kexts.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks

Your system?

For shutdown you can try Evoreboot.kext or apply patch in dsdt

Asus p5ld2-vm (945g chipset), c2d e6400.

Never needed non-vanilla kexts for reboot/shutdown.

Which device in dsdt should I look up to patch?

Thank you

Asus p5ld2-vm (945g chipset), c2d e6400.

Never needed non-vanilla kexts for reboot/shutdown.

Which device in dsdt should I look up to patch?

Thank you

Into dsdt editor select the patch shutdown asus.

If doesn't work try evoreboot

@Allan: RTC patch is for the bios reset, not for shutdown and reboot, right?

• Like 1

Hello,

Running Yosemite DP3 for a few days without any glitches, beside one that never happened to me ever since Tiger.

When I shutdown the computer, it actually stops, but two seconds later it's on again.

Using chameleon with a well patched dsdt and only fakesmc and hdaenabler + applehda non-vanilla kexts.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks

Watch it out for HWMonitor latest build with FakeSMC + plugins. The same behaviour took place on my hack after downloading this version from sourceForge.

I'm not allowed to mention "THAT" website, but the FakeSMC.kext baked in their "TOOL" works fine for me. Also fixed shutdown/reboot and apparently fixed random freezes after removing the plugins folder.

try this: 

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Already had it applied, to prevent cmos reset, thank you.

EDIT: I checked if it was the exact same command as in the Mavericks cmos reset fix thread and it isn't (Differences?). I used this one:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I'm gonna try it.

Watch it out for HWMonitor latest build with FakeSMC + plugins. The same behaviour took place on my hack after downloading this version from sourceForge.

I'm not allowed to mention "THAT" website, but the FakeSMC.kext baked in their "TOOL" works fine for me. Also fixed shutdown/reboot and apparently fixed random freezes after removing the plugins folder.

It could be... i tinkered with some hwmonitor versions and fakesmc kexts. Finally removed the whole app after I tested the correct speed stepping and temperatures and put back the fakesmc kext i was using in mavericks. Maybe this weekend I'll do a fresh install and see what happens. Thanks

Into dsdt editor select the patch shutdown asus.

If doesn't work try evoreboot

@Allan: RTC patch is for the bios reset, not for shutdown and reboot, right?

Will try it and post the result. Thank you

• 2 months later...

On Yosemite C3 I was having this shutdown issue, system was restarting instead of shutting down, finally solved it, in my case it was 'RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext' in 'Clover/kexts/10.10', I was using old version of this kext, after updating this shutdown issue solved, now system restart and shutdown properly.