[Solved] Cannot get 1st generation Intel HD Graphics working

Sega Dude

2 posts in this topic

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (upgraded from 10.8.4 via the combo update) on my Asus X52F. This machine has an Intel Core i3-380M, which is an Arrandale, and a 1366x768 panel. It uses the LVDS connection according to Ubuntu. I spent countless hours trying to get graphics working with this guide. I tried every LCD + VGA framebuffer and every LW for LCD + VGA and none of them work. Before I got a scrabbled screen no matter which I used, but now it just sits on the Apple logo and spins forever, the desktop never appers. I tried Natit.kext and DSDT injection and it still doesn't work. I am using the Chamelon bootloader and GraphicsEnabled Yes was already in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. I even tried patching my own frame buffer using Giofrida's Intel HD Graphics Patcher using the linux dump analyzer and then going to manual patch and using the kext in the patched framebuffer folder. Still doesn't work. Interestingly, I can connect to it via screen sharing from my real MacBook and it looks fine, the display is not distorted or scrambled. It doesn't seem to be detecting the display. If I go to About this Mac > More Info > Displays it says "No displays detected". IDK what else to do. Nothing works. I am doing something wrong?

EDIT: Finally got it working! Admin please delete this thread.

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (upgraded from 10.8.4 via the combo update) on my Asus X52F. This machine has an Intel Core i3-380M, which is an Arrandale, and a 1366x768 panel. It uses the LVDS connection according to Ubuntu. I spent countless hours trying to get graphics working with this guide. I tried every LCD + VGA framebuffer and every LW for LCD + VGA and none of them work. Before I got a scrabbled screen no matter which I used, but now it just sits on the Apple logo and spins forever, the desktop never appers. I tried Natit.kext and DSDT injection and it still doesn't work. I am using the Chamelon bootloader and GraphicsEnabled Yes was already in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. I even tried patching my own frame buffer using Giofrida's Intel HD Graphics Patcher using the linux dump analyzer and then going to manual patch and using the kext in the patched framebuffer folder. Still doesn't work. Interestingly, I can connect to it via screen sharing from my real MacBook and it looks fine, the display is not distorted or scrambled. It doesn't seem to be detecting the display. If I go to About this Mac > More Info > Displays it says "No displays detected". IDK what else to do. Nothing works. I am doing something wrong?

how .. can u tell me plz .. same specs as u