Sam Mann

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys.

Here is my rig...

P8H61 M LX REV 3.0

GTX 560

CORE I3 2100

8GB KINGSTON RAM

I am unable to install Mavericks no matter how hard I try. I haven't slept all night.

I tried the All In One Vanilla Mavericks Guide and MyHack

Both didn't work. After the initial apple boot logo the screen looses signal.

I tried both HDMI and DVI-AVG Converter and none worked.

I also tried these/combination of these bootflags.

-v

-x

PCIRootUID=0

PCIRootUID=1

npci=0x2000

npci=0x3000 - causes kernal panic 

GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No

I tried the iMac 12.1 and 12.2 SMBIOS. Nothing works. I need help some serious help here guys, been at this for almost 12 hours STRAIGHT...

Thank you.

Sam.

Hello!

If  it looks like, you are trying to install with Chamelon as bootloader. You should do the following, because Apple has changed, starting with 10 9.3 the gfx management. Copy over the the subsequenty named kext from S/L/E of your usb installer to desktop:

All credits go to PikeRalpha for the info.

You have to add your system board ID from SMBios iMac 12,1 or 12,2 in the info.plist of  AppleGraphicsControl.Kext/Contents/Plugings/AppleGraphicsDeviicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist as last line of the Configmap with the other models in this way:

<key>Mac-xxxxxxxxxxx</key>             
                <string>none</string>

Replace xxxxxxx with your digits of your SMProduct-ID, found in your created SMBios.plist..

After editing the info.plist and installing it back  to S/L/E of your usb installer and try to boot with GE=yes and bootflags  -f -v, or set  GE=no bootflags -f  -v or -f -x -v.  You should not change any other values. After succesfull install you have to boot your usb installer a second time, if you need it anyway, and repair after you have everything neccessary done, with diskutility permissons of your hdd install. After a reboot with ignoring caches and set ge=Yes to your hdd install you should arrive at the welcome screen and be able to complete your install.

Because of the used personality with AMD gfx the above edit is needed for your system with Nvidia gfx to avoid the blackscreen issue at boot.

Have fun.