• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

spider93287

spider93287

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I previously used iAtkos ML2 to install Mac OS X (Mountain Lion) on my computer, and when booting iAtkos from USB I used the boot flag -s for it to work. Everything was working perfectly, though to boot Mac I had to insert a USB with iAtkos installed on it and boot from there. I tried to fix this by installing bootloaders.(I also had Windows 7 on another partition which would boot if the USB wasn't inserted) Then Mac wouldn't boot even with the USB inserted. So, I formatted the Mac partition and tried to boot the iAtkos installer again, though when I booted with the boot flag -s, after typing exit when prompted it would get stuck at "logout".  If I do not use the boot flag -s it gets stuck at the apple logo (previously it had a cancel logo on the apple logo, though now it doesn't stop loading).

My computer model and specs:

HP Compaq 8510w

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20Ghz

Nvidia Quadro FX 570M

2GB RAM

64-bit Processor

Wi-Fi Adapter - Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965agn

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Hello!

I am wondering about, that your first install has worked with flag -s. This one is to set for getting to the single user mode. You should try it with the bootflags -f -v or -f -x -v.

Have fun.

spider93287

spider93287

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried both the boot flags -f -v AND -f -x -v. They both give me a black screen. I also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v and it gave me a changing pinkish to green colour on the screen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reinstall, iAtkos ML2, iAtkos

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy