Can't place battery status on menu bar

Best Answer styrian, 08 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hello!

Because of your not telling your hardware, either in your post nor in your signature, I can only guess, that you need a correct battery patch in DSDT. aml. Try the find a your hardware matching one at Rehabmans github and don´t, if posssible, rollback systemfiles.

Have fun.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RCOO

RCOO

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Whenever I click the option on the Energy tab -> Show battery status on the menu bar it automatically unselects and no battery is shown.

If I replace AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext with version 1.32 I can get the battery to show in the menu bar. However it shows "No batteries available".

Before I would also replace the AppleACPIPlatform kext with version 1.3.5 and that would do it.

Now, using Yosmite DP3 I just get a KP and have to revert to the original AppleACPIPlatform.

Any suggestions to get battery to display properly? :s Do I need a more recent patched AppleACPIPlatform? Or some sort of DSDT patch?

Thanks

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,015 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...

to me it seems a developer preview bug.

RCOO

RCOO

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Maybe... The rollback of the kext always worked nicely. Either they added dependencies to the newer versions of the kext or it's a bug.

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,015 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...

i bet on new dependencies :)

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Best Answer

Hello!

Because of your not telling your hardware, either in your post nor in your signature, I can only guess, that you need a correct battery patch in DSDT. aml. Try the find a your hardware matching one at Rehabmans github and don´t, if posssible, rollback systemfiles.

Have fun.

RCOO

RCOO

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I applied a patch to my DSDT (Rehabman's). That solved it. No need to rollback kext's anymore :)

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Hello!

Fine for you you have back a working :happymac:

Have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy