Mavericks booting only from USB

alex95sv

14 posts in this topic

Hello people! I recently opened a topic asking why is my LAN not working, but I guess I should've asked about the bigger issue -- that OS X boots only with the help of the installation USB. 

What I mean is, the bootloader is not loading (for an unknown to me reason) but the bootloader from the USB is working just fine and with it I can boot in the installed OS X.

I've tried different bootloaders, like Chameleon, Chimera, Clover (as suggested by ) but nothing seems to work.

My motherboard has UEFI, and I think that's the main reason it's so complicated. I've disabled Windows' UEFI boot in the boot priority because I read OS X won't boot if it's enabled, but then it just boots into UEFI setup.

You can see my CPU/MoBo/GPU info here

Is someone else having similar issues? Thanks in advance!

Hello

maybe your usb bootable is adjusted to UEFI, and maybe you installed Clover but without UEFI mode...

Try install Clover in UEFI mode and after configure your system with Hackintosh Vietnam app.

My advice: re-install OSX first and just after install Clover in UEFI mode, because you have installed may bootloaders and mess up system...

• Like 2

Hello

Forget distro s waste time and pain in head... use retail

I gave to you a solution to install OSX.. check that and seize...

After installed OSX with this method, this make what i said.

• Like 2

Okay, I tried it just now, with the clean install then I installed Clover and my kexts, but it still won't detect the bootloader from the HDD, only the one from the USB.

I am sure I'm installing the bootloader correctly, I customize it and click to install the UEFI one. Still, it doesn't work ... :/

I did configure it, it doesn't want to boot. I have an ASUS MoBo and I've done every setting exactly the way they are supposed to be, but nothing seems to work :(

Edit: Is it a problem that I already have Windows 8 installed? 

This is how my disks look like:

http://puu.sh/a3MiZ/31ed29bd1a.png (OS X is installed on Disk 1 on the 931,51 GB partition)

Should OS X be on Disk 0? 

Edited by alex95sv