Graphics Card Issue

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

so first here are my specs

CPU: Intel core i5 4570

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ga-Z87-Hd3

GPU:Intel HD 4600, nVidia Geforce gtx 650

i used myHack to make a bootable usb on my mac then i booted the installer with the gtx650 with the flags (-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No) i got to a white screen i can see the apple logo on the top right corner and the beachball spinning so i restarted the pc and i tried with my intel hd 4600 with the same flags but

Ge=yes it worked fine i got to the installer and installed os x 10.8.5 then i tried to boot my newly installed mountain lion with the same flags on the hd 4600 i get this

error (Missing Bluetooth controller Transport) i can only boot my hd 4600 in safe mode so i read here on insanelymac that i have to delete

intelHD* and intelF* kexts so i booted in safe mode and backed them up and then deleted them and it worked i can boot without safe mode but the graphics are terrible i can't even play a video 

so i tried with my nvidia (-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No) my nvidia gets stuck in (Pci configration begin) even when i try to boot in safe mode the gtx still gets stuck on the same line i'm only using this hackintosh for ios development i'm using windows 8 on another ssd i just need any one of those graphics card to work with full accelration

Thanks

Hello!

It is not a good idea to install OSX in these days with a distro like MyHack and other ones. They are producing much garbage to get many devices up and running, but not fully only partially.

Here is a good point to start for you for creating a vanilla installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

If you really want to do it by using a tool, you should give this one a try: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/category/9-pandora/

I personally have never used a tool for creating an installer.

Your hardware specs are just fine and you should be able to do the trick in a vanilla way.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Hello!

It is not a good idea to install OSX in these days with a distro like MyHack and other ones. They are producing much garbage to get many devices up and running, but not fully only partially.

Here is a good point to start for you for creating a vanilla installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

If you really want to do it by using a tool, you should give this one a try: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/category/9-pandora/

I personally have never used a tool for creating an installer.

Your hardware specs are just fine and you should be able to do the trick in a vanilla way.

Have fun.

Thanks for your reply styrian,

i will try the vanilla method and post back the results

just 2 questions which graphics card should i use for the vanilla method the hd 4600 or the geforce gtx 650?

the second question is should install os x 10.8.5 or os x 10.9.3 ?

Hello!

It does not matter. But if you want to use your Gtx 650 you have to switch of the intel one in bios. I don´t have your hardware, but I think, that you also need a patched kernel to be able to do your install. Just use the forum search to get informations about it.

Have fun.

Hello

This i5 doesn't need kernel patch to unlock function to write in Bios, at now, only haswell mobile need patch xcpm(at now, but maybe other desktp model need patch, but i don't tested all desktop models)

GTX 650 and all kepler cards work OOB since 10.8.3, just GTX 780 TI that doens't work OOB

After install OSX, choose or Clover or Chameleon as bootloader :)