Help with USB Booting ASUS G750

scorpnet

14 posts in this topic

Ok I need a bit of help here. I have been trying and trying for months now. I am not an average computer user so this is starting to get quite a bit frustrating here!!

I have been trying to get OSX installed on a pc for quite some time now. I am a gamer and I hate windows.. Most of the games I play actually have a mac client so since I frecking LOVE OSX I want to be able to play it on a decent system. 

I have had manny laptops / desktops over the last few years, but about 5 months ago I started to attempt to install OSX86 on any of the units. I had both AMD And Intel, no luck on nothing. Well the past is the past, I just recently aquired 2 beauties which I love

First is an actual Mac.. Macbook Pro core 2 duo laptop. A bit older, will do perfectly for work and browsing but not for gaming. Unfortunatly I need a gaming laptop and the current best of the best macbook just wont cut it .. 

So I got an ASUS G750  perfect for gaming... Now here is where the problem lies. I have been trying to follow 2 guides mostly ( Have also scoured the net for others to get tips and bits off off) but the 2 main ones are:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

and

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296469-noobs-guide-how-to-install-os-x-mavericks-from-scratch-in-progress/

So far it seems pretty simple to me ( I am a technician so I understand everything) Now even though I just stated I am a technician, I can be stumped :( This may be a simple solution (I havent really worked professionaly in the IT Field in 3 years so Im starting to get a bit rusty) but I just cant see it !!

I am stuck at booting the unit into the bootloader. I got my USB All set perfectly, got the install set and everything.. but the ASUS Laptop will not boot to the usb drive I had created using the real mac. And before anyone says so, I do know how to set the BIOS and Boot Order / Priority.. Every time I select the USB Drive, it just goes right into Windows. I removed the Windows HDD from the laptop and then it produced INvalid Boot Disk error... So something is going wrong with the Bootloader on the USB.... I have no clue.. Any ideas ?

Hello!

Have you installed Chameleon in standard mode on your usb stick, formated with mbr partitioning? Have you installed genericusbxhcx.kext in S/L/E of your usb installer and also fakesmc.kext and also a ps2.kext for keyboard and trackpad?

Try to set the efistring from this post under device-properties of org.cameleon.boot.plist for your gfx card: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293967-solved-asus-rog-laptops-with-kepler-cards-not-detecting-dp-2-connected-lcd-display/?p=2006029

Entry to use looks like this one:

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>xxxxxxxx</string>

Replace xxxx with digits of the string above.

If this string does not work for you, ask the user AEROS, if he does not answer to your topic for help.

But a tip besides the before written ones. Try to change the titel of your topic in a way, thant one can see, which help you need (add Asus G750) and put your hardware in signature like many others have done it here.

Have fun.

Thanks for the reply. I have attempted to install it in Standerd mode, and the wizard, and I tried every partition option there is lol.. also I did install the fakesms and the ps2 one i believe.. the other im not sure, it does not sound familure.

Also for the gfx fix you put, not quire sure if I need to do that. I cant even get the laptop to boot to the usb let a lone give it the chance to fail a gfx check :(

Thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind next post!! 

Hello!

Some adds to my post before: Try your install on an external usb hdd. If your boot stick is not recognized, set bios, but I think, you have done it, to legacy boot only), and set usb as first boot device.

On the Dell SE 7720, one can get the external osx installer recognized on usb 3 port to able to boot from with the following method:

1. Set USB first boot device in bios, save changes and switch off the device..

2. Power on the device with unplugged usb stick/hdd and enter bios setup.

3. Plug in needed usb devices.

4. Exit bios setup without saving changes and let it reboot.

5. Device is booting with recogniced devices on usb3 port.

I can not explain, why this method is working, but it´s doing.

Have fun.

Thanks for the tip... I did try it on a external hdd... I partitioned it multiple ways and everything, Still no luck and as for that dell method, I think I will give that a shot here next time I am able to do another attempt at an install! 

i would recommend using a tool called myHack to create the bootable usb drive

http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

try it and make the bootable and hopefully ur laptop will boot it correctly

Hello!

You should at all know, that the tool, you have suggested to use, is not directly featured here.

I think, it is not the correct way, to get a device up and fully running in a most vanilla way. There is only one person thinking, that OSX has to get made working on all non Apple devices in his suggested way. But this cann`t work.

Have fun.

Hmm, Still it is something I have not yet tried, and at this point I am willing to explore all options. When I get a chance i will at the very least check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Hello!

Just rename the title of your started thread, as I have suggested before, to increase the chances, that your started tread is seen, by one of the guys with a working G750. They can give you conrete support to get your device up. Many of the members here ignore thread with a nothing telling title like you have given to it.

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Asus g750js is very easy to boot anh full support i think

do everything on windows

1- Down load  an unzip to raw Mavericks 10.9.4 bootable USB for Intel PCs.rar

https://mega.co.nz/#!h4MEiaTK!zO6XHj5ckktg0MlmKLwXnzws_WivLL8AGCRgcXbzgRA

2- download ImageWriter.exe: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9haeauu9sq8xtkx/ImageWriter.exe
run file ImageWriter.exe and copy Mavericks 10.9.4 .raw to USB 

3- after copy you can see new driver EFI

open EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and edit like that

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>dart=0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Path</key>
					<string>\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>bluemac</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>
dart=0 and InjetEDID is the key to boot 

4- goto USB EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 and delete all voodoo*, down load http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/ to active keyboard and trackpad (you can delete all kext but not FakeSMC.kext )

reboot with press Escape now you boot from usb 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I created a web yesterday, to centralize all stuff related to hackintoshing Asus ROG Notebooks and motherboards. ONLY for Asus ROG products. Not normal Asus products. The web is:

www.roghackintosh.org

Right now I´m creating all the structure for the database and forums. So, it is possible you can´t find your notebook or motherboard. Be patient. Maybe in a few days you can find it operative. I mean, it is operative already, but since the forum will be in english, spanish, french, russian, chinese, portuguese, hebrew, etc, It will take me some time to create all forum structure for all languajes.

If you are and advanced hackintosh user with ROG hardware, and want to help, contact me at contact@roghackintosh.org If you know other languaje than spanish or english I will need your help for sure.

I´m excited with the idea. With a little help from the insanelymac community, we can build a solid ROG hackintosh encyclopedia.

Regards.