HIS Radeon 5450 bad flickering display w/working qe/ci

exhumis

2 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

So i've got my Hackintosh working just great running Mavericks 10.9.4 but I have a significant problem with screen "flickering".  I don't know if that's the correct term but that's what I've called it.  I installed using myhack with Mavericks retail and ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] post install to install the realtek ethernet kexts.  Otherwise, everything was detected right out of the box.  OS X sees the radeon for what it is, a 5450 and installed it but i'm still getting horrible flickering whenever I try to scroll within a window, for example in chrome browser, or applications or utilities.  Also, when I move a window around the screen the borders flicker horribly.  Movies play (vlc) but audio only so I know something is wrong.  I know qe/ci works because I can play chess and the dock magnification works.  I've tried swapping graphics card kexts, and i've tried editing kexts in an attempt to clear up the flickering but nothing seems to work.  I've also tried reformatting and installing a couple times with Lion, as well as Niresh and iAtkos distros just to see if the install was the problem but the flickering remains.  What do you all think?  Is the card bad?  It worked fine in my windows 7 box. I've searched on the forum but everyone else seems to have had luck fixing their problem with the above methods that I already tried.