Macbook pro modding ideas

3 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

My macbook pro 17" early 2011 is broken and in order to repair it the Apple premium reseller asked me 900€. So i'm going to sell it for spare parts or maybe try to modd it and create a hackbook, so what do you think i could do with the case, the lcd, the speakers and maybe the keyboard if is not broken as the service said of my dead macbook?

Actually I have only one idea: the 17" led lcd is awesome so i could use it as a monitor, in fact I have yet succeed in making an external monitor from a laptop ( in the photo is the third from left).

i need a LVDS controller and on ebay there are some, also for the lcd of the macbook that is a LP171WU6-TLA1

for example do you think that this could work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-DVI-VGA-Audio-Board-17-1inch-1920-1200-LP171WU6-TLA1-2-LP171WU6-TLB1-2-/190950252722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item722280c2d4

in my opinion is too big because I would like to hide it inside the macbook and use the magsafe modded with an adaptor to 12V

or what do you think I could build with my macbook?

I will sell the ram, the fried logic board but i think the lcd, superdrive, wi-fi and bluetooth and other parts I could recycle in a modding project.

thank you in advance for help and any suggestions.

Tiberio

post-1087351-0-73944300-1404581383_thumb.jpg

Hello!

Depending on your residence, which you don´t tell, have you asked at a common notebook repair service, how much there is the fee for a repair? The service of Apple premium resellers is overpriced.

Even Stevie has told at his life time, if I am correct, that he would like all people, which are buying the very cheap produced hardware for an by far overpriced amount.

I think, that your MBP has been to expensive to disassemble it in it´s parts.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...