PCI Cards not listed on SysInfo

DTrax

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new with all the hackintosh stuff (but not a beginner). So, I've managed to get a working build with myHack with 10.9.0 Mavericks. Everything works fine (including my 2 usb web cameras). It boders me that when i get into System Information -> PCI Cards I get the weird message "This computer doesn't contain any PCI cards...." 

My build is 

MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

CPU: AMD FX 6300 X6 3.5 Ghz (recognized as Xeon) 

VGA: Sapphire HD4670 1 GB GDDR3 

RAM: 8 GB A-DATA (if needed)

post-1193441-0-16594800-1404508144_thumb.png

post-1193441-0-37461400-1404508145_thumb.png

post-1193441-0-49745600-1404508146_thumb.png

post-1193441-0-94481200-1404508147_thumb.png

I had every hack since 10.5.6 working on this machine and I've never experienced PCI issues. If someone knows how to fix that would be great. Thanks in advance :)

P.S. this is my first post EVER on this kinda forums so don't be so judgy. I read before i ask about already asked questions but I didn't find anything that would help me so far ;)

Hello!

No Pci Cards showing up is really Mac like.  :yes:

If you want them to show up you have to add to your dsdt.aml under each card, that should show up, a dsm method with Vendor ID and Device ID.

If you really want to do, that here you go: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/how-to-inject-hardware-and-pci-devices-information-into-a-dsdt-24/

But I think, it is not really worth the work, if everything is functional besides that .  ^_^

Have fun.

• Like 1

I agree, not worth the trouble.

PCI bus devices not showing in System Profiler/System Information is totally cosmetic and a consequence of running an OS that was never meant to run on your hardware.

If you want to revel in how OS X sees all the devices on your PCI bus then use IORegistryExplorer or IOJones and be happy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the replies. I realy tought that they arent working well (tought its most likely an kernel issue) I must say that I'm not so good with doing DSDT. Tried that stuff once and messed up the whole system :D 

Thanks for the tips!