System ignores mouse movement if it's too fast

troorl

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

It's not a huge problem, but it's very annoying in games. I use regular USB mouse, and when I move it sharply and fast the movement isn't registering. The same issue with trackpad. It works fine in Windows.

Is there a way to fix it? What settings should I change?

I use Mavericks 10.9.3.

Hello!

With your unknown hardware, bootloader, install method and used SMBios, it is hard to suggest a solution for your problem.

Please put your hardware in your signature, like many others have done it here.

Have fun.

Hello

Also is a good idea, try acess System Preferences and configure Mouse speed... try differents speed....

I have a similar problem.... mouse had lag everytime and i adjust mouse speed and done! :)

Hello!

With your unknown hardware, bootloader, install method and used SMBios, it is hard to suggest a solution for your problem.

Please put your hardware in your signature, like many others have done it here.

Have fun.

Hello!

I have ASUS K53e laptop, Core i5 SB, HD3000 with installed Niresh distributive and Chameleon bootloader. Not sure about SMBios. It works fine except this minor issue.

Hello

Also is a good idea, try acess System Preferences and configure Mouse speed... try differents speed....

I have a similar problem.... mouse had lag everytime and i adjust mouse speed and done! :)

Thank you. I tried it, but it doesn't help.

I also have to note that on normal speed mouse works perfectly. I see this behaviour only when I move it really fast.

Hello!

It is not a good idea to install OSX with a kind of distro like Niresh and other ones in these days because they are universal and produce much garbage, wihich is hard to get rid off.

It is better to go the vanilla way and do the install needed by your system. But you have with your install an enough  working copy of OSX to create a vanilla installer with.

A good point to start with an vanilla install is this one: http://www.insanelym...-for-mavericks/

You could use this tool to create an installer: http://www.insanelym...gory/9-pandora/

You could also try  to find with the forum search an install on a device with to yours similar hardware to get some more hints.

Have fun.