Mavericks Installer not recognize Internal drive

Toucanet

16 posts in this topic

Hi. My XPS 8000 has only ATA and RAID mode (no AHCI).

I have create a my hack USB installer but when I boot (BIOS in Raid Mode) it the installer doesn't recognize my internal drive (a Samsung 250GB SSD) and so I can't install it.

How can I solve the problem? Do I have to add some Kexts in system/library/extensions? I tried to boot with -x or add a ioatafamily.kext in s/l/e of the folder but it still doesn't work.

Any idea?

Hello!

It is not a good idea to follow the toughts of on single person, who is thinking, that all devices have to work  with OSX with this method. As you can see in your case, this method is not working for you.

You could try to use this tool to create an installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/category/9-pandora/ Tihis is more vanilla and better to control, what it is doing.

A usefull guide is this one: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

You should use the forum serach for your raid config. As I can remember, somebody has done it on a HP device. Perhaps this can show you a way, how you can get OSX on your device installed.

Have fun.

Thank you for the answers, however even with Vanilla method, the installer doesn't recognize my internal hard drive. 

I cannot find anything that could help me on the net, I tried all kind of kexts but nothing :(

Hello!

This is the important part for you in the metioned post:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for root device:

This happens because:

• Using a 3.0 USB port to boot into the installer without having GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /Extra/Extensions or /EFI/Clover/kexts of the USB
  • Sata Mode isn’t set to AHCI in BIOS or is in RAID Mode that Apple doesn’t support

To fix this:

• Add GenericUSBXHCI.kext to /Extra Extensions or /EFI/Clover/kexts of the USB
  • Add AHCIInjector.kext for systems using RAID Mode
  • Set Sata Mode to AHCI
  • If using Clover, you can try creating a config.plist with “still waiting for root device“ patch and use it

SMCReadKeyActionError:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have probably missed it.

Have fun.

Thanks,  :)

Do I have to do all these 4 things or only 1 of these?

To fix this:

• Add GenericUSBXHCI.kext to /Extra Extensions or /EFI/Clover/kexts of the USB
  • Add AHCIInjector.kext for systems using RAID Mode
  • Set Sata Mode to AHCI
  • If using Clover, you can try creating a config.plist with “still waiting for root device“ patch and use it

If I chose the second one, do I have to copy the ahciinjector.kext in /extra or in s/l/e?

dude you have mentioned that your BIOS is set to IDE aka ATA mode so you will a special Kext (i can't recall its name ) IOATAFamily that is a part of the kexts name if you're using Chameleon please put it in Extra/Extensions folder and give it a try .. also could you please update your BIOS from your Laptop Manufacture it might support AHCI Mode