Installing 10.9 on an older motherboard

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to install Mavericks straight up with no previous mac install.

I've currently tried using Niresh, it installs perfectly fine but I cannot get it to load first time, a kernel panic always occurs.

My setup is:

i5 2500k @ 3.3

GSKILL 8GB RAM

ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z GEN3

2 x 1TB HDD in RAID 0 (win 7)

1 x 3TB HDD (750gb partition for osx)

If I try booting with -x, i get a can't find mach_kernel error, also most other times if I don't boot with -x, I get an image error of sorts.

Any help would be gratefully recieved, I know it is older hardware than most people are used to and I would gladly accept alternatives to installing with Niresh if they work :)

@chewyone007 on twitter for faster response times, thanks for reading :)

Hello

How would I use a retail disc? I don't have a cd drive in my system :/ Thank you for helping :)

Did you see a pm that i give to you?

In the pm has a usb image ready to install OSX... read more carefully what the others give to you my friend...

Anyway, choose the way that you guess best :)

Thanks for all the help so far. I have installed using the image file provided and it worked first time! However, I needed to install a kext for internet.

At this time, I do not know how to install a boot loader to my new OS X HD, would someone please help with that? 

Also, there is no audio. My chip is ALC889, any help would be gratefully received :)

Hello

After install osx you need install bootloader.... Choose chameleon

A guide to help you: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295630-instala%C3%A7%C3%A3o-e-configura%C3%A7%C3%A3o-do-chameleon-bootloader/

it’s in pt, so translate it

After it, you need create a ssdt to get pm work… read in here how: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

I advice read everything before and ask want you don’t undestand… after that begin make your hack work, but ready acarefully eerything are there.