3rd party pens with Surface Pro 1

Frank Pacheco

7 posts in this topic

[surface Pro 1]

I have a 128G Surface Pro 1 with Mavericks 10.9.3 and official Touch-Base drivers.  I use the Surface Pro 1 for drawing and would like to replace the Stylus pen with a better one.  I know the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel Pen http://www.wacom.com/en/us/everyday/bamboo-stylus-feel  lists compatibility with the surface Pro 1. The question I have is, whether it will work with Mavericks 10.9.3 and official Touch-Base drivers?

Anybody have any experience using 3rd party pens with their Surface Pro 1 hackintosh?

Hi there Frank :)

I'm pretty sure that the wacom pen could work painless (plug&play) but if you want to be 100% sure you can easily contact touch-base support, the good old dave will surely help you out! ;)

Happy hack!

Thanks JahStories for the quick response!

I will buy one and test it out, I will post a quick review, first impressions here after I test it.  

I had to return my Surface Pro 1 back to Microsoft for warrenty service, ( USB port stopped working), I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they turned it on and it booted onto OSX! :lol:  Maybe I will get lucky and they replaced my Surface Pro 1 with a Surface Pro 2 or 3, ( Wishful thinking). 

[Off Subject]

I see in your signature that you list Amiga in interests, I was a long time Amiga user, an Amiga 4000 with Newteks Video toaster.  I had more fun with My Amiga then any other platform.  Although OSX is a close 2nd. Have you seen or used the x86 version of Amiga OS?   

Its called ICARUS Desktop http://vmwaros.blogspot.com

JahStories

[surface Pro 1]

Received Surface Pro 1 back from Microsoft Warranty service today, It's Brand new!    The Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel Pen works great and is very accurate. And it comes with replacement tips.

Now I Just have to reinstall Mavericks....This time I going to dual boot with Windows 8.1, because I have a few "Windows only" apps I need for animation.

[Amiga OS]

AmigaOs 4 on the ppc Mac mini, that would be Sweet! Is the OS available without purchasing the hardware?

Thanks for all your hard work on the  SurfacePro 1 & 2 Guide. :thumbsup_anim:

[mac]

Oh gasp brand new? 

Niiiiiceeeee

i'll take a look at a couple of reviews on youtube about that pen... it seems pretty nice!

about dual booting your sp1, everything has been said, i'm sure you'll do that easily in minutes and yes even if its hard to admit windows is really useful and provides a lot more "apps"

[amiga]

Never cared much about S/W licences :P

btw i think that they use a modded version of amigos, something like a distro and boot them from the open firmware console of the Mini... 

i just saw a couple of videos on youtube about it,

i'm not such an expert on this "AmigaMac"

and btw, sadly i still have to find me a PpcMacmini... :(

seeya and happy hack!

Not concerned bout dual booting, have done it before, :P  ( I'm also a forum Moderator on a different hackintosh site). I was thinking about starting a thread under the Tablets/Microsoft section as a place for users to post about different accessories for the Surface series, using the posting guidelines you utilize in your SurfacePro 1 & 2 Guide, i.e.... Brackets [surface 1,2,3] etc, which really help when researching.  Unless I missed it I don't see a section for that.  Any input/advice would be appreciated.

• Like 1