Intel HD4000 VGA output (ASRock z77 Pro 3)... so close.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SGr33n

SGr33n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hi,

After I removed my old NVIDIA card, QE/CI stopped working. This is because the integrated HD4000 is connected through VGA and Chameleon doesn't support this output. I read on the forum that using an HEX editor on AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext could enable it, but I don't know which ID is the working one because the motherboard just have a VGA port, so I don't know which one modify.

Can somebody help?

midi :D

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

It's not supported since 10.8.3 and up, we also have this port but doesn't work even w/ a patch! :cry:

SGr33n

SGr33n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I think it's possible to make it work. All you have to do is modify the AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext as described here http://www.insanelym...-hd4000-mobile/ (in italian), but we have to found a way to identify the IntelCapriFB value, since that we don't have a secondary port to check if the value is working.

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

SGr33n, even if you detect it, u can't add the VGA value since it's deprecated and not available anymore in the driver :/

U can use an HDMI-VGA/DVI adapter ;) works like charm! 

SGr33n

SGr33n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Good! which IntelFPCapri id profile?

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
As I see u have a desktop pc, so try IntelCapriFB=5/6/7 if u are using chameleon, if u use clover u need to add this under graphics section :

0x01620005/6/7

Try all of them (5 and 6 and 7) and see which one wprks for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy