10.10 Yosemite and HoRNDIS - Panic

5 posts in this topic

Help

Ive had successful hackintosh builds since Mountain Lion. Ive had Mavericks. Now im running Yosemite DP2 (Installed DP1 w/ 1.0 update from app store)

My problem is Ive always used a spare rooted/rom android phone (no added software to Mac/Android needed) as my WiFi Tether and its worked fantastic. Now its a craps shoot. I'd say 50% of the time it freezes and reboots. Itll show the Kernel Panic if i boot verbose but its so quick i never can read it. If i boot the computer with the phone unplugged. plug it in, turn on tether it works mostly, but if the computer goes to sleep and i turn it back on after it wakes up it will panic if i turn on tether. if i boot up with it plugged in it might panic. Everything about it is random. I feel like ive developed a pretty great understanding of building hackintosh and editing things, but im not great. I am posting this on HoRNDIS' website, but i cant be the only one with this problem. Hoping someone with more knowledge can help.

I did NOT use any Tony OS X Tools on this build.

i3 2100 - ATI HD6850 - ALC889

Used KextWizard to install Kexts - current FakeSMC, AppleHDA, HDAEnabler1 (Ive had it functioning off of DSDT in Mavericks, but Ive only had success with Enabler. probably user error. but i dont really mind. All audio ports work @ 96khz)

DPCI Manager to create DSDT.aml

Any help is appreciated. If Im missing needed info lmk. Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Too bad no one helps in this forum. Lalo1996 - I never figured out a solution. I just bared with it for a while.

I just bought (from my local Fry's Electronics) the TP-Link WDN4800 PCI-E Card. worked OOB with Yosemite 10.10.

I was on dp5 when i installed the card and am on current dp8. Works as a stock mac airport card. connection is great. I definitely recommend it. at $40 the price is pretty typical for WiFi cards.

I know this doesnt help laptop users, but a simple google search will find you something compatible.

Shame i cant think of a use for my old galaxy s2 now! haha. 

This is all.

Possibly completely irrelevant and off-topic but FWIW the otherwise fantastic GenericUSB extension that opens up USB 3.0 on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 also causes a lot of software to erupt in a kernel panic on my workstation. Notably the USB connection from Calibre to my iOS devices and my LeapMotion.

The LeapMotion installer package will cause a kernel panic once it goes to load the kext/leapd and in the case of Calibre it will kernel panic before the book library opens but after the UI loads.

If you're using GenericUSBXHCI, I'd disable it entirely and try using your tools without it and see if it still induces a panic.

Possibly completely irrelevant and off-topic but FWIW the otherwise fantastic GenericUSB extension that opens up USB 3.0 on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 also causes a lot of software to erupt in a kernel panic on my workstation. Notably the USB connection from Calibre to my iOS devices and my LeapMotion.

The LeapMotion installer package will cause a kernel panic once it goes to load the kext/leapd and in the case of Calibre it will kernel panic before the book library opens but after the UI loads.

If you're using GenericUSBXHCI, I'd disable it entirely and try using your tools without it and see if it still induces a panic.

I've had similar problems with the kext, I have 2 login items that lock up the system if they load after GenericUSBXHCI is loaded. So I have an applescript run at login that kextloads it after my login items are started.