Stuck at bootloader after editing boot.plist + audio issue. PLEASE HELP!

jontah

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have a new soundcard installed into my Hackintosh (its RME HDSPe AES PCIe soundcard) so it's a PCIe one.

I contaced RME since it worked fine the first 2-3 days, then suddenly the audio just dropped out and when restarting the computer the computer doesn't recognize the soundcard at all. sO here I am without audio now. (I'm into music production btw).

RME tells me I need to disable ASPM (PCIe power saving in BIOS). Where do I do this in UEFI BIOS? I can't find it anywhere!

Also: do you know whatelse it could be that makes this occur? I've spent sooooo much money on this soundcard and all of the gear I connect it to, just to make it work. But now this happens, really going nuts here.

Please, any answers is highly appreciated. I want to make this work.

Also;

after asking the same question on tonymacx86, I got the answer I needed to edit my boot.plist to: arch=i386 since my soundcard only worked in 32bit appearantly. After doing so and restarting the computer I am not STUCK at the bootloader, so I can't get into my OSX at all anymore. 

Can someone please help me with this? I've tried all sorts of bootflags to get into my OSX again, but I just can't get in at all.

I know tonymacx86 and this site really isnt friends, but here u got the full conversation:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/135482-soundcard-not-recognized-need-disable-aspm.html#post831722

I would sincerely appreciate answers and help with fixing this, REALLY FRUSTRATING to not get in to my computer at ALL anymore!

Thanks.

Best,

J

post-1197343-0-29764900-1403540054_thumb.jpg

ok i have no experience with that card in itself, but usually, in general, with mac os audio and RME, it either works or not. So if it is supported in a post-Snow Leopard system (64 bit) driver-wise and your system is configured ok overall in general, i do not see what can be the issue. Do the mixing or routing features work ok? Do u use other cards in addition (like AppleHDA) did u checked the usual like Audio/midi Utility settings for configuring the rest that is not already configured in the RME specific utils? ASPM power saving is that the feature that you can configure on windows-based system what can have affect on performance in games when u run a dual graphics card setup ?PCI Link express bandwith power saving i believe it's called..., don't think u can set it in BIOS/UEFI but perhaps some additional pci voltage does help. BTW by audio dropping out u mean the card does just completely dissapear from everything? because that seems more hw-related to me. i discovered some cool older Xcode based app when messing around with AUnetSend some days ago, called HAL lab. It might be of additional help if u cannot seem to find out enough debug info for diagnosing audio related issues in mac os.