Help with Mavericks on Asus G2S

fggs

6 posts in this topic

Good evening,

This is my first hackintosh and I'm trying it on this old laptop. I've created an installer with myHack 3.3.1 and was able to install it, but I'm having some issues I will explain below:

- If I try to boot, it gets stuck at apple's logo, no errors presented. It boots fine in safe mode, how can I debug/fix it?

- As this is my first attempt, I don't know what else I need to do, I've read something about creating a smbios file but I don't know much else. I also need to install a few kexts, then again, I don't know where to start heheh

Laptop specs:

Core2Duo T7700 2.4GHz (4MB of cache)

4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 RAM

200GB HDD

Let know if any other info is needed, thanks in advance!

Hi Allan, I already fixed the boot issue, it was something related to kext permissions, I had to chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions, then chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions, after removing myHack.kext from quarantine, as described here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5894-solved-wont-boot-without-f-hang-at-missing-bluetooth-controller/

I've now installed the kext for my ethernet card, downloaded Chameleon Wizard and created smbios.plist in /Extra/

I still have to install other kexts, but aside from those issues, I think this laptop is almost ready!

About the videocard, I forgot to mention, this laptop comes with NVIDIA 8600M GT, it seems to be supported with kext NVEnabler.

Thanks for your help so far!

PS: I'm also from Brazil, it's nice to see brazilian fellows with so much knowledge :)

What should I do? Close the topic here and open a new one there? Thanks for your help!

PS: Thank god there is a Portuguese forum, I'm using all my english to ask simple things heheh