Need to port I2C Synaptics linux touchpad driver to OSX

Mihael

12 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know I'm bumping this topic but I'm currently writing an I2C HID driver that should work for your I2C touchpad. I've been working on it for the past 3 months and it should be done soon. I will need your help to test it when it is finished. Keep an eye out in the tablet section for when I post the thread.

• Like 1

I will need to know what I2C bus you have on your machine. My drivers only support the Intel Lynxpoint I2C drivers, enumerated from the ACPI, with IDs INT33C2 and INT33C3.

Please provide a copy of your IOReg (in .ioreg format) and your DSDT and I will check for you.

• Like 1

I will need to know what I2C bus you have on your machine. My drivers only support the Intel Lynxpoint I2C drivers, enumerated from the ACPI, with IDs INT33C3 and INT33C3.

Please provide a copy of your IOReg (in .ioreg format) and your DSDT and I will check for you.

Please look at my DSDT and IOReg files, I hope my touchpad is compatible with your driver  :rolleyes:

Mac Book Air — mihael.zip

origin.zip

Please look at my DSDT and IOReg files, I hope my touchpad is compatible with your driver  :rolleyes:

My driver will work with it. I need to know which device corresponds to your touchpad though. You will need to edit the DSDT to enable all devices disabled by the OS check. Follow the following post to do it then post your IOReg again: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299021-109-on-the-surface-pro-3/?p=2092610

• Like 1

My driver will work with it. I need to know which device corresponds to your touchpad though. You will need to edit the DSDT to enable all devices disabled by the OS check. Follow the following post to do it then post your IOReg again: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299021-109-on-the-surface-pro-3/?p=2092610

Yeah! I'm waiting forward to trying the driver! I've edited DSDT as you said and new IOReg in attach.

Mac Book Air — mihael.zip

Yeah! I'm waiting forward to trying the driver! I've edited DSDT as you said and new IOReg in attach.

Great. 

You have two touch devices listed. A touchpad and a touchscreen. Does your device have a touchscreen? It will be interesting to get the two working together.

You also have a sensor hub like on my tablet which means you probably have an accelerometer. Does the screen rotate when you turn the device over in Windows?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, any updates on the I2C.kext file? I have an Asus UX305CA UHD laptop and just realized that the touchpad is I2C only and I can't use it on El Capitan. I have to use a USB wireless mouse to operate my laptop. Thanks guys.