• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

i was looking around at other laptops that use the n trig digitizer, I think the sony vaio duo 11 also uses n-trig, and there are videos of the touch and pen functions working under osx... Not sure if this is of any value.

alex.daoud

alex.daoud

InsanelyMac Geek

• Coders
  • 191 posts

i was looking around at other laptops that use the n trig digitizer, I think the sony vaio duo 11 also uses n-trig, and there are videos of the touch and pen functions working under osx... Not sure if this is of any value.

The n trig digitiser is on an I2C bus on the SP3, not USB. I am writing the drivers for it myself, check this thread here: http://www.insanelym...kpads-and-more/

Please do not ask about ETAs.

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I checked the thread amazing work... I would be more than happy to test out the drivers in my SP3 whenever they are ready...

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I was not able to find any drivers for Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset the latest is 10.8 in the realtek website.  Any idea where I could get newer drivers?

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Actually it works with the 10.7 drivers

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

After installing yosemite, I have had two occasion where I get the blue screen with the following error: Error Code: 0xc0000034 in Windows 8 - Boot Configuration Data file missing required information and something about BCD.  I have to refresh the PC and then windows works again.  Not sure if this has something to do with the way clover changes the boot manager.

tranceceiver

tranceceiver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

i was playing a little bit today with the bluetooth and the surface pen on Mac os and surprisingly the system detects it as  surface pro pen.

I am very sure that it can be easily transformed into a fully working pen acting as a  mouse. 

I need to keep the top button pressed to stay connected though. 

Attached Files

hd_man

hd_man

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I just copy my installation to a usb pen drive and it's working!

fayth22

fayth22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So I have a edimax wireless usb. And I have installed all the recommended driver. But I still can't see any available networks can someone help me out

stich86

stich86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi guys

i've downloaded the AvastarFWUploader from jape and changed the firmware to load for BT part (just for 10.10 now). Can some one try it? I'm currently waiting my SP3 and cannot test.. may be someone of you can do it :)

Please let me know

thanks!

Attached Files

crashnburn_in

crashnburn_in

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I'd love it if we can find a way to boot of VHD/ VHDX or Raw Disk Image to keep things separate. I do so with multiple Native Boot Windows VHDs 

alex.daoud

alex.daoud

InsanelyMac Geek

• Coders
  • 191 posts

Small update for those waiting for SP3 touchscreen drivers. There hasn't been any new code contributions but someone was finally able to test a contribution from a couple of months back that gives proper input without the need for that HIDSample app (those who were alpha testing know what I'm referring to). The kext linked below can be loaded with "sudo kextload VoodooI2C.kext" and you should get basic mouse-like input. This includes navigating, left/right clicking and dragging. Keep in mind that these drivers are still experimental so I don't suggest you install them to /s/l/e. Furthermore, these drivers do not support power saving so it is highly likely that if you put the machine to sleep, it will crash. 

https://www.dropbox.... alpha.zip?dl=0

crashnburn_in

crashnburn_in

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Small update for those waiting for SP3 touchscreen drivers. There hasn't been any new code contributions but someone was finally able to test a contribution from a couple of months back that gives proper input without the need for that HIDSample app (those who were alpha testing know what I'm referring to). The kext linked below can be loaded with "sudo kextload VoodooI2C.kext" and you should get basic mouse-like input. This includes navigating, left/right clicking and dragging. Keep in mind that these drivers are still experimental so I don't suggest you install them to /s/l/e. Furthermore, these drivers do not support power saving so it is highly likely that if you put the machine to sleep, it will crash. 

https://www.dropbox.... alpha.zip?dl=0

Alex - Thanks. I know how tough & busy Grad School can be. Why not put this as a project on Git, open source and get all SP3/ SP4 users {quite a many techies} to contribute.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yosemite, Surface Pro 3, i7, 10.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy