• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

gkarg

gkarg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

It doesn't look like your patched DSDT is loading. It's strange though because the I2C devices should enumerate inside OS X without any changes to the DSDT. I'll look into this more soon and see.

Should i post the complete DSDT output of MaciASL after the boot ? Will this help?

Thanks
Gkarg

alex.daoud

alex.daoud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Should i post the complete DSDT output of MaciASL after the boot ? Will this help?

Thanks
Gkarg

That won't make a difference, MaciASL extracts a fresh DSDT on boot. Where are you saving the DSDT.aml to? (also, what's your bootloader?)

gkarg

gkarg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
[quote name="alex.daoud" post="2093602" timestamp="1418145157"]That won't make a difference, MaciASL extracts a fresh DSDT on boot. Where are you saving the DSDT.aml to? (also, what's your bootloader?)[/

But why are the changes in my patched DSDT included in this fresh DSDT, when i open MaciASL, if they are not active ?
I'm using Clover - the DSDT is saved on the boot partition in some directory called patched - do you need the full path?

Thanks
Gkarg

alex.daoud

alex.daoud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

[quote name="alex.daoud" post="2093602" timestamp="1418145157"]That won't make a difference, MaciASL extracts a fresh DSDT on boot. Where are you saving the DSDT.aml to? (also, what's your bootloader?)[/

But why are the changes in my patched DSDT included in this fresh DSDT, when i open MaciASL, if they are not active ?
I'm using Clover - the DSDT is saved on the boot partition in some directory called patched - do you need the full path?

Thanks
Gkarg

Ah sorry, I assumed that you were using an EFI partition which doesn't usually mount by itself. I'm not really sure what's going on, give me some time to have a think about it.

gkarg

gkarg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Ah sorry, I assumed that you were using an EFI partition which doesn't usually mount by itself. I'm not really sure what's going on, give me some time to have a think about it.

Yes, I'm using an EFI fat32 boot partition, which I need to mount manually, if I want to access it - with the EFI & CLOVER files.

Thanks
Gkarg

joejoe317

joejoe317

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Anything new on this topic? It was a good read!

alex.daoud

alex.daoud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Anything new on this topic? It was a good read!

I'm still busy writing the I2C drivers. Once I get the touchscreen working on the Dell Venue, it shouldn't be too hard to port what I've done to the Surface Pro 3.

taffjones

taffjones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Great thread!

I'm a complete newbie in the hackintosh world but have used Macs for 15 years.  I'm wondering if a SP3 would be a good replacement for my 4yr old macbook.

Would be really great if someone can post a summary of what's not working yet and if there's any way I can help out (have lots of time over the holidays to try things).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yosemite, Surface Pro 3, i7, 10.10

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy